[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 17, 2024, 02:45:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "All Season long" baseball thread . . . .  (Read 39808 times)
jendf

« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 11:33:05 AM »

I don't appear to have gotten very far away, though. Wink

I'm still not doing it.

Signed,

Bitter D-backs Fan
Wretched Excess

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2009, 11:39:32 AM »

I'm still not doing it.

Signed,

Bitter D-backs Fan

I'll still do it for you, baby.  Wink   Grin

and look, any hole that a team falls into in the first half can be climbed out of in the second half.  it would be easier if Az didn't have three teams to catch, but it has certainly been done before.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2009, 10:39:12 AM »

well, that was just a damned annoying game to watch.  first of all, the dodgers got shut out by a pitcher named wendy (ok, it was wandy, but it was still embarrassing), and they squandered a bases loaded one out opportunity in the fifth when ethier GiDP -- with manny on deck.  torre probably left wolf in the game for at least one batter too many, which he seems to do rather frequently.

and now LA has bullpen problems.  corey wade and ronald belisario have both landed on the DL in the past couple of weeks, and both have been innings eaters.  there was always a fear that the bullpen was overachieving, and torre was papering over a pretty serious flaw in the pitching staff by simply overworking his middle relievers.  I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just saying that it's a definite problem now.

and more than a century of dodgers-giants hatred makes it impossible that SF won't make a run at this thing before it's all over with.
Wretched Excess

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2009, 12:22:53 AM »

we are NOT done sucking yet.

this ****ing game should be over, but the bullpen is keeping them alive.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2009, 09:01:31 AM »

we are NOT done sucking yet.

this ****ing game should be over, but the bullpen is keeping them alive.

ah, the anguished cry of the unhappy dodgers fan in the later innings. Cheesy
Wretched Excess

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2009, 09:06:44 AM »

tonight's game aught to be interesting.  the dodgers will start jason schmidt, who is probably the second worst free agent signing of the ned coletti era.  he pitched 6 games for LA after signing a $48 million dollar deal in 2007, and his arm promptly fell off.  he hasn't seen a major league mound since.

his comeback has been filled with misadventures, the latest of which was very scary.  he was drilled in the head with a line drive in a minor league game a few months ago that set him back to square one.   whatever else happened, he didn't fool that particular hitter very much.

I'm avoiding expectations tonight.  it could be okay, or it could utterly suck.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »

well, the early signs are pointing to "utterly suck".

the first reds batter tripled off the top of the wall in left center.  the second reds batter doubled off the wall in left.  it's probably fortunate that that drive didn't go over the wall; it would have seriously injured people in the stands.  that ball was smoked.  the third cincinnati batter boomed another drive off the wall in right, but was held to a single simply because it came off the wall so hard that it came a third of the way back to the infield in a big, big hurry.

a couple of loud outs.  another mystery drive that landed between outfielders, a stolen base.  all in all, the dodgers are thrilled to be down only 3-0 in the bottom of the 1st.  I suppose he settled down a bit after he got an out or two, but he would almost have to.  he couldn't get any more unsettled.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »

first cincinatti batter of the second inning;  hit in the head by the pitch. (he is okay)  :Smiley

and LA came back in the bottom of the first to score four runs, and lead 4-3.  this game could take a while.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2009, 09:59:08 AM »

that may not have been the strangest baseball game that I have ever seen, but it was one of them.  jason schmidt settled down, managed to get through 5 innings, the dodgers scored 7 runs, and schmidt actually got the win.  that's certainly not the way it looked starting off.  cinci had three runs before schmidt had recorded an out.

just odd.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »

there was an "oh, sh*t" moment last night when manny ramirez left the game after getting nailed on the left hand with a 95 mph fastball.  the game itself was never in much doubt with the final score of 12-3, but the actual relief didn't settle in until an hour or so after the game was over, when the news was released that the x-rays on manny's hand were negative.

the good news was that randy wolf pitched deep into the game (which is usually possible with a 10 run lead) and avoided more wear and tear on the bullpen.  the bad news was that the one bullpen guy that did come into the game got lit up for two runs (one of which was charged to wolf) in an inning and a third.  not good.

Wretched Excess

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2009, 10:27:50 AM »

there was a top 10 event in the pantheon of WE's favorite dodger moments last night.

Manny Ramirez didn't start because he was HBP on the left hand the night before.  But in the 6th inning, he pinch hit with the bases loaded and the score tied 2-2 and drilled the first first pitch he saw over the wall in left for a grand slam . . . and it was on manny ramirez bobble head night.

the crowd exploded.  I was surprised that dodger stadium didn't fall in on itself.

jendf

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2009, 06:50:31 PM »

I hate Manny Ramirez. Just thought I would say that. LOL.

I'm off to watch my sucktacular D-backs play. The consolation prize is I get a free D-backs car shade and there is a fireworks show afterward (weather permitting). And overpriced beer! You can't go wrong there. LOL.

Grin
Wretched Excess

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2009, 07:05:04 PM »

I hate Manny Ramirez. Just thought I would say that. LOL.

I'm off to watch my sucktacular D-backs play. The consolation prize is I get a free D-backs car shade and there is a fireworks show afterward (weather permitting). And overpriced beer! You can't go wrong there. LOL.

Grin

any beer is good beer, including the over-priced kind.  have a great time, jen!  you are my kind of fan;  one that supports your team whether they are 20 games over .500, or 20 games under.

jendf

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2009, 10:55:01 AM »

any beer is good beer, including the over-priced kind.  have a great time, jen!  you are my kind of fan;  one that supports your team whether they are 20 games over .500, or 20 games under.

They lost. Of course. LOL.

But there was a fabulous catch by Reynolds who threw himself into the first row of fans to catch a foul ball. Not that it helped the game or anything but you have to admire his conviction.
Wretched Excess

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2009, 08:39:37 PM »

the dodger bullpen got lit up for 3 runs last night.  my fears about the LA relievers are (perhaps) being validated.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email