[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 08:49:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White House Calls Karzai 'Legitimate' Leader of Afghanistan  (Read 1186 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: November 02, 2009, 01:42:38 PM »

how can you be corrupt and a thug on friday but the legitimate leader of a nation on the next monday is beyond me.   either the election was fraudulent, or it wasn't.  if it was, then karzai wasn't suddenly a born again virgin just because double abdullah bailed out of the runoff.

I suspect that obama's "new and improved afghanistan policy" is finally finished, and he's ready to announce it.  I never believed that doubts ab out karzai had anything to do with the administration's paralysis on afghanistan.  I was always sure that it had more to do with the reaction of their political base when they saw that it wold take 40K troops.

White House Calls Karzai 'Legitimate' Leader of Afghanistan
The White House on Monday said Hamid Karzai is the legitimate leader of Afghanistan and declared that the laws of the nation "have prevailed," after Karzai's lone challenger dropped out citing concerns over fraud.

Abdullah Abdullah's decision to exit handed Karzai the race. The country's election commission on Monday canceled the runoff scheduled for Saturday and declared Karzai the winner.

President Obama plans to call Karzai Monday afternoon to discuss his victory, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said. Though administration officials were hoping the runoff could add some credibility to the election process, Gibbs offered White House backing to Karzai all the same.

"Obviously, he's the legitimate leader of the country," Gibbs said. "I think by all accounts this has been a difficult process. I think the president, the embassy there and everyone can take heart in the notion that the laws of Afghanistan and institutions have prevailed."

The United States and its allies earlier congratulated Karzai on winning a second term following the election commission's proclamation.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »

I take it back.  the 'new and improved' afghan policy is still apparently WEEKS away.  good heavens.  the president certainly made this one sound simple BEFORE he was president . . . when his only concern as candidate obama was criticizing everything that george bush did as lustily as he possibly could.  welcome to the big leagues, pal.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email