[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 11:13:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***Florida Primary...LIVE THREAD***  (Read 2636 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: January 31, 2012, 03:57:43 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/politics/election-results

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

polls close at 7ET
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:44:26 PM by apples » Logged
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:09:56 PM »

It's a tie at the moment 0-0-0-0-0-0

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »

It's a tie at the moment 0-0-0-0-0-0
Still is a tight tie now as well......0-0-0-0-0-0...
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »

Oh boy...

DRUDGE SIREN ALERT!!!!

EXIT POLLS SHOW ROMNEY NEARING MAJORITY IN FL

http://drudgereport.com/

SOURCES, EXIT POLLS 5 PM ET: 46% ROMNEY 32% GINGRICH 12% SANTORUM 7% PAUL... DEVELOPING...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:40:34 PM by apples » Logged
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:21:38 PM »

Romney wins Florida GOP primary, Fox News projects

Mitt Romney has won the Florida Republican presidential primary, Fox News projects.

The victory, in the GOP contest's biggest state to date, is likely to give the former Massachusetts governor a burst of momentum as he and Newt Gingrich battle for the lead in what has become an increasingly negative race.

With 61 percent of precincts reporting, Romney is leading with 47 percent. Gingrich has 31 percent, followed by Rick Santorum with 13 percent and Ron Paul with 7 percent.
Related Video

First look at Florida exit polls

Romney is expected to win all 50 of Florida's convention delegates.

Fox News also projects that Gingrich will finish second, followed by Rick Santorum in third and Ron Paul in last place.

The results mark a serious setback for the former House speaker, who trounced Romney just 10 days ago in South Carolina and was leading Romney in Florida polls as recently as last week.   
Link
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 08:33:25 PM »

Romney Wins Big in Florida Primary
WSJ

Mitt Romney handily won the Florida Republican primary Tuesday night, striding closer to the presidential nomination as the support of women, Hispanics and a broader range of conservatives boosted him in the state.

Tuesday night's results halted the momentum from rival Newt Gingrich's win in South Carolina last month and returned Mr. Romney to the familiar position of the race's clear front-runner.

Many Florida Republicans sought a candidate who they thought could defeat President Barack Obama, with significantly more voters who cited that as their top priority opting for Mr. Romney, according to exit polls.

With more than half of votes counted, Mr. Romney was leading Mr. Gingrich by 47% to 31%.
-snip-

I think the question now is how far down is Gingrich going to take the GOP?  He said yesterday (or was it the day before?) Gingrich has said he's in it until the convention....it'll be worse than the 2008 Democratic primary season between Obama and Hillary if Gingrich stays in.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »

It's not over until someone gets 1,050 delegates

If they declare this over, I will never support the GOP again. Primaries are NOT decided by 4 states. The other 46 should boycott the election.

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »

I think the question now is how far down is Gingrich going to take the GOP?  He said yesterday (or was it the day before?) Gingrich has said he's in it until the convention....it'll be worse than the 2008 Democratic primary season between Obama and Hillary if Gingrich stays in.
The longer bammy can do negative adds the worse it will be. Let them go to the last moment.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 09:12:20 PM »

The longer bammy can do negative adds the worse it will be. Let them go to the last moment.

If Gingrich goes on a scorch earth campaign against Romney till the Convention, I doubt Obama will have to do many negative ads. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »

If Gingrich goes on a scorch earth campaign against Romney till the Convention, I doubt Obama will have to do many negative ads. 
  Might as well scorch the earth, Romney will lose against Obama. Fight till the end this time, there will be no other if Obama wins.  For the record I have huge issues with Newt. Yet think he would do better for this country than Romney. The GOP is way to the left these days to me.
jafo2010

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 10:29:07 PM »

Yes I agree....but, Obama redefines the word liberal and takes it to an all new level.

Anyone but Obama is still the call of the day.  The only GOP candidate that has no chance against Obama is Santorum.  Paul, Gingrich and Romney will all easily beat Obama, regardless of how much money he spends.

AS was reported about one week ago, Obama is losing ground in every demographic that supported him with the exception of one group, and I am not sure, but I think that was the gay/lesbian group.

He has lost all the idiots who ran around that were white saying it is time for a black to be president.  They are not singing that tune any more.  That right there is millions of votes.  Then there are the 20-30 million unemployed, underemployed who will NOT vote for the Novelty President, you can count on it.  That does not leave him much of a following.

The military is very much against his candidacy.

Result will be the largest landslide in US presidential history.  And history indeed repeats itself.  AGAIN!
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 10:56:48 PM »

Romney will NOT beat anyone. He is going to be another Dole or McCain.

This primary is far from over.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 11:04:23 PM »

romney very nearly got a majority in a four man field.  this is a big deal.  the picture will get nothing muddier as we go to a number of western caucus states . . . . mostly due to the fact that a caucus is a mob, ron paul's rioters will likely out riot most other candidates' rioters.

this changes things.  and the next month will allow mitt to build momentum, which only means that there will be a longer period of time where "mitt the frontrunner" stories prevail in the media.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »

newt won't have the money to scorch my living room floor, much less whole states.  money doesn't flow to candidates that just blazed to the amazing heights of 30% in the FL primary.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »

it's never a forced decision.  the other candidates tend to drop out after enough losses.  the other states' voices aren't stolen, they just have more limited options than the early states.

It's not over until someone gets 1,050 delegates

If they declare this over, I will never support the GOP again. Primaries are NOT decided by 4 states. The other 46 should boycott the election.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email