[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 08:30:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***2012 South Carolina Primary**** live thread  (Read 5043 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »

And Harry Truman had a 39/61 going into his reelection.  I certainly don't put much credibility behind fav/unfav polls.  They are daily tracking numbers, and generally are very small sample size.

Further, presidential elections are really state by state elections, therefore national samplings are of little value in the long run.

doc 

Well I agree, I just think it's interesting data to know.  Smiley

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Doc
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »

Well I agree, I just think it's interesting data to know.  Smiley

I'm curious.....and would ask two questions:

I really can't see how Gingrich has garnered such poor numbers, as he has really been in the back of the pack (and hasn't gotten much press coverage) until now.

The second question would be the validity of ANY poll that gives Obama anything close to a 50% approval rating......I cover a lot of political ground in both parties, and he is universally detested everywhere (even by Dems).......considered an embarassment.

12% Black + 14% Hard-core "Progressive" = 26% Max.  Everything else is statistical noise.......

doc
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2012, 10:40:52 PM »

I'm curious.....and would ask two questions:

I really can't see how Gingrich has garnered such poor numbers, as he has really been in the back of the pack (and hasn't gotten much press coverage) until now.

The second question would be the validity of ANY poll that gives Obama anything close to a 50% approval rating......I cover a lot of political ground in both parties, and he is universally detested everywhere (even by Dems).......considered an embarassment.

12% Black + 14% Hard-core "Progressive" = 26% Max.  Everything else is statistical noise.......

doc

I would disagree that he's universally detested.  The far left is upset with him, but the vast majority of democrats are not.

If you go to the link I provided you can go to each polls results. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Doc
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2012, 11:12:36 PM »

I would disagree that he's universally detested.  The far left is upset with him, but the vast majority of democrats are not.

If you go to the link I provided you can go to each polls results. 

We'll have to agree to disagree........I've worked with over 100 political groups across the country, and they are generally close to 55/45% R vs D in composition, he's detested.  The Dem party in over 36 states at the state level lost over 700 seats as a result of his policies in the last midterm.....Dems may not say to YOU that they feel that way, but believe me they are all pissed that Hillary wasn't elected in 2008, and they are stuck with this clown.  They would be in far better position today.

He's detested......he manages to make Jimmy Carter look good (which must be a load off his shoulders).

If the Republican party doesn't find a way to screw it up (which isn't outside the realm of possibility), November will be in "landslide" territory.

doc
jafo2010

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2012, 07:03:17 PM »

I agree completely with Doc.  First, let me say I have at least six friends who were former democrats that changed their registration because the Democratic Party selected for the second time a candidate unworthy to represent the party.  I also changed because of that very fact.  The man was a state senator, gets elected as a US Senator and immediately begins running for president.  Just incredulous to me that the American people could be just that stupid to vote for such a man.  But hey, we owe it all to George Bush!  If he hadn't been one of the worst president this country has seen, there would never have been an Obama candidacy, nor Hillary for that matter.

I still believe there is a strong chance he pulls out and does not seek a second term.  However, if he does run, he will lose by a double digit number!

Getting back to changing registration.....to say that all seven of us that changed registration were totally embarrassed having Obama, Pelosi and Reid lead the Democratic Party is an understatement.  Not only will Obama go down in flames with the greatest upset EVER, but both houses of Congress will go to the Republicans.  I am certain of this!

Within six months of the new elected officials taking office, unemployment will drop several percent.  However, if Obama were to win, you would see an immediate increase in unemployment by several percent.  He is the worst president for jobs in our history.  Hell, he makes Hoover look great by comparison.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email