[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 08:25:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING — President Obama Will Announce Today Complete Drawdown of US Troops  (Read 3140 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 08:24:27 PM »

congress declares war.  and congress also decides HOW it declares war.  an authorization for war is no different than a declaration of war.

I keep forgetting that you and Obama are constitutional scholars.  Where in the constitution does it address authorizing a war versus declaring a war.  Is that point B or something?  I'm just asking....lol

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »

Find and kill the terrorists, I am fine with that. But don't stick around and nation-build

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 08:36:43 PM »

I agree.  but there is a difference between nation building, and maintaining enough of a military presence to keep the iranians from overrunning the region.

would you call our presence in south korea nation-building?  what about what used to be called west germany?  japan? 

where is the line?

Find and kill the terrorists, I am fine with that. But don't stick around and nation-build

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 08:41:44 PM »

I do make exceptions for Israel, S Korea and Taiwan on a lot of things like foreign aid and stuff.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 08:48:44 PM »

I also think that the traditional liberal definition of "nation building" is very different from our (former) mission in iraq, where we blew the whole freaking thing up, and HAD to rebuild to parts that we exploded.

jafo2010

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »

What we have been doing for the past 10 years is not war.  Why, the fool you love so stood on an aircraft carrier and declared we won the war.   What  happened after that moment in time, despite losing 10,000 or so Americans, is something other than war,,,because the fool you love so said we won.....right? 

So, you feeling much like a winner? I mean, part of our being there in your past threads was to win in your eyes, right?  LOL

And yes, we have been in the nation building business...Israel, S. Korea...sure, and they wanted our help.  As for Germany, Japan and Italy, the first two were completely vanquished....truly defeated.  That kind of defeat did not occur in Iraq.  The majority of the civilian population remained intact with the Bush war.  One of the faults was that we allowed thousands of their military to withdraw into the ranks of the civilian population when we should have been taking them out.  Many of those that retreated were his Republican Guard...and I say that was a costly decision to American life, for they didn't agree with Mr. Bush's notion that the war was over, and that Iraq was defeated.

I say end thenation building in these Islamic states...and we were not required to rebuild Iraq.  They have a huge revenue with their oil which would have done a nice job of rebuilding their country less the loss of two trillion dollars from our treasury.  But of course, Halliburton got most of that money
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »

part of defeating the enemy is defeating its ideology and we refuse to do that now.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 04:09:56 AM »

defeating naziism was one thing.  defeating a whole theology isd another.

jafo2010

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »

So, an intelligent thought from you JB.  Yes, indeed, defeating a whole theology is NOT a winning proposition, and certainly NOT when you are fighting in the Vietnam approach to war, which is tuck you brain where the sun don't shine and spend lots of monney and tell everyone how good you are.  After they are killing you for awhile, having occupied their country, you drag the brain back out from the hinterland and declare, we have won, and withdraw.

To defeat a theology, literally, you need to kill every last one of them, but the problem with Islam is that the brothers in bumf*** nowhere will join in and it just never ends.  They can't fight effectively, but their terror approach does work.

So, either we kill every last one of them when we attack a given area or we do nothing.  There is no gray area here, and Mr. Bush despite his ivy league education dropped the ball!  And the Novelty President had less than a clue....I will not even begin to characterize what I think of him.
natstew

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 03:05:28 PM »

Jafo, "the fool" as you call him did not stand on the deck of an aircraft arrier and declare the war is won. What he said was, "mission accomplished", which was correct. The carrier's mission was accomplished.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »

We didn't have to kill every last German to discredit Naziism and we didn't have to kill every last Japanese to discredit their brand of Imperialism. We pounded them so hard they were even discredited to Germans and Japanese.

That is what we will have to do, eventually, to Islamic crusaders, communists, statists, "liberals" and every other form of tyranny we encounter.

안녕하십니까
jafo2010

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 05:40:21 PM »

Nat, just semantics.  The man had NO CLUE what we were in store for.  ANd his nonsense about guiding them into democracy is just pure balderdash for anyone that understand the basic principles of Islam.

Without killing them in such a fashion to have them fear the USA for the next 200 years, he has left the American people to fear these animals of the human race.  Great leader indeed!
natstew

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 07:50:37 AM »

Nat, just semantics.  The man had NO CLUE what we were in store for.  ANd his nonsense about guiding them into democracy is just pure balderdash for anyone that understand the basic principles of Islam.

Without killing them in such a fashion to have them fear the USA for the next 200 years, he has left the American people to fear these animals of the human race.  Great leader indeed!

jaf, the man is beat down enough with just the facts, no need to embellish.

The Democrats give us ideologues who've majored in Political Science under the best professors the Left has to offer and have never competed in the private sector.
 The Republicans give us people from the private sector who are not schooled in Political Science and who are not ideologues.

We don't get the best choices to chose from when we go to the polls to vote.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 09:46:20 AM »

the irony is that this will do nothing so much as cause an explosion of private security personnel in iraq.  "blackwater" types: the only thing that the obamites hate worse than members of the armed forces;  former members of the armed forces that now work for evil, greedy corporations.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »

there are no troops in iraq.  they were all pulled out over a year ago.  candidate obama said 16 months.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email