[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 10:48:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama backs Reid debt plan; will speak at 9 p.m.  (Read 5353 times)
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 05:25:25 PM »

We won't have a third party this year or next. But Boehner is not exactly a beacon of confidence for us.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »

boehner was very late to do what he should have done a long time ago;  pass a debt limit increase with the same about of budget reductions, and tell 'em to take it or leave it.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 12:05:05 PM »

JB,

America is SCREAMING out for a true conservative representation in government, where the AMERICAN people are represented before the Chinese, Saudis, British, French, Iraqis, Afghanis, and all 190 other countries that appear to get more representation in our government than the American people.  We treat Hispanic ILLEGALS better than our own citizens, for we provide them with jobs, healthcare, free food, etc, etc.

We have laws that are not enforced, 20 million Americans unemployed and under employed, and our elected officials want to fund 75% of the cost of fighting Mumar in a half hearted effort that will take years at the rate it is going.

We'll get Pelosi again.....well at least we all know what she is.  The Republicans right now are not looking any different than the Pellosis of the world....a $1 billion reduction in the budget, and you think these b*st*rds are any better than Pellosi?  REALLY!!!!!!!!!

If the Republicans no longer hold to conservative values, you have to find someone who will.  The Rupublican Party is largely destroyed if they do this Boehner nonsense.

Boehner is a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tea Party should be getting very serious right now and rise up to fight all this very seriously.  This is the moment in time to create a viable third party.  It will only be a third party for a short period of time, because the Republican Party would implode, and we would be right back with two parties.

Obama has so solidly destroyed the Democratic brand, they will not win come Nov, 2012.  It is high time the Tea Party gets serious...raise the debt ceiling, and not give or compromise one inch on spending.
natstew

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »

Nobody is really trying to cut spending, they're only trying to cut the increase in spending. There is a 3.(something)% built in increase in every department's budget, every year, unless it is specifically cut by act of Congress. Boehner's billion dollar cut doesn't give any specifics (1) and is meaningless unless the cuts are made in a Budget Act passed by Congress and signed into law by the President (2).

We are balanced on the pricipice of total chaos and our elected leaders may as well be squabling over which end of the egg to suck, or fiddling while America burns.

The Republicans are at least trying to do something. All the Democrats are doing is blocking anything the Republican led House tries to do.

The Republicans look really bad until I look at the Democrats, then the Republicans look clean and good, it's a matter of relativity. Kinda like a rabbit pellet doesn't look so sh*tty beside a wet cow paddy.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 01:53:16 AM »

Sounds like Boehner caved to me.

Piddling "cuts", debt ceiling raised beyond 2012

안녕하십니까
jafo2010

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 02:41:13 AM »

They're all zebras...one party has the white stripes, one the black.

TIME FOR A NEW VIBRANT 3RD PARTY, THAT HAS REAL CONSERVATIVE VALUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Republicans are just playing at being conservative, but they no longer are.  They sold their soul to the same folks that control the Dems...the Soros' of the world, etc.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 12:13:29 AM »

then start one.  I will even help you get started by suggesting a name;  I suggest you call your party the i****inghateeverythings.  or perhaps the cutmynoseofftospitemyfaces. 

They're all zebras...one party has the white stripes, one the black.

TIME FOR A NEW VIBRANT 3RD PARTY, THAT HAS REAL CONSERVATIVE VALUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Republicans are just playing at being conservative, but they no longer are.  They sold their soul to the same folks that control the Dems...the Soros' of the world, etc.

jafo2010

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 12:48:14 AM »

I would rather fight for what I believe in than lay down and accept mediocrity as you appear to be doing.  You are 100% convinced there is no chance for a viable third party to form and take root, but there is growing dissatisfaction in this country...you included.

This budget deal is not about compromise to keep the country going...it is about two parties squabbling over whether we should cut $30 or 50 billion from the budget when in fact we have a $1.6 trillion deficit.  ROME IS BURNING and these jack*sses of BOTH PARTIES are squabbling over $30-50 billion.

And you ridicule me for being upset.  Well, the Tea Party is upset too, and I hope something happens soon to reflect the utter contempt they have for the leaders of both parties.

I WANT HEADS IN THE NEXT ELECTION....I WANT SOME HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were in better financial condition, I would run once again for public office.
natstew

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 01:26:39 PM »

It's about the next election and the blame game.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 01:27:58 PM »

the only thing the obamites got was the whole issue punted past the election.  but that actually works in our favor, since now we van turn the whole campaign into a referendum on obamacare and "tax and spend liberals".

there is no way they win on those two issues.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »

I just posted much the same.  and how that is to our benefit.

It's about the next election and the blame game.

jafo2010

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »

JB...you must be reading different articles from the ones I am seeing.  This agreement kills the Bush Tax cuts.  That is a tax increase...PERIOD!!!!!!!!   And the Republicans will be equally responsible since they have control over the House of Representatives.

Quit trying to fashion this horror show into a victory for the Republicans...because it is not!  The people that will vote against this will be the Tea Party folks.  I say watch for what they do next.  This is a major loss for the Tea Party, and the Republicans that vote for this will have a Tea Party candidate running against them in the primary, and many will bite the dust...I hope.

This agreement helps Obama and does not hurt him....from EVERYTHING I HAVE READ SO FAR TODAY!
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 06:27:34 PM »

If the debt commission, committee, supercongress or whatever says they need to raise taxes, the House has to vote on it and if it fails there is cuts to defense and other programs.

Raise taxes or cut defense

The GOP will be attacked either way, during the election campaign on this one.

It was a set up from the get-go

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 09:52:22 AM »

the obamites have already savaged the defense budget.  whatever happens to it with the GOP in control of the house, supercongress notwithstanding, will be much less handicapping than what was happening anyway.

I am certainly not a fan of this supercongress thing;  I think it shows an utter lack of political courage.  but myself, I think it may be  there to do something about entitlements without it getting hung on either party.  obama seemed ready to cut SS and medicare/medicaid.  he just wanted to soak the rich in the process.

and I don't think it will boil down to a choice of "raise taxes or gut defense".  I think that the administration has made a really bad deal here.  well, bad for them, anyway.

If the debt commission, committee, supercongress or whatever says they need to raise taxes, the House has to vote on it and if it fails there is cuts to defense and other programs.

Raise taxes or cut defense

The GOP will be attacked either way, during the election campaign on this one.

It was a set up from the get-go

natstew

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 10:19:52 AM »

There was a TEA (taxed enough already) party congressman from Texas on cspan this morning. The subject of foreign aid as paying people to hate us came up and how they'll hate us for free, we don't have to pay them to hate us. He made a shocking statement, or maybe it shouldn't be shocking, anyway, he said he got a memo on his desk that said if he votes against foreign aid or against the United Nations he wouldn't get any aid for his district.
 If this is true, it should outrage every American.

He voted against the debt ceiling bill by the way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email