[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 09:09:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Presidential Debate, Monday June 13 8PM ET  (Read 5872 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 04:38:58 PM »

right now suddenly seems like a really, REALLY good time to cut the back yard.

You use my stance on abortion to dismiss every other reason I list about why I don't like someone.  At least I don't dismiss your opinions on everything based on one issue. 

If my pro-choice views cause everything else I say to be dismissed, then I'm better off not participating in any further political discussion here. 

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 04:55:23 PM »

Mia,

Contrary to your thinking, I was not trying to dismiss you at all.  I was seeking areas we could agree upon.  I do not agree that the Willingham case has Perry having done something wrong.  He confessed to three different people, his behavior is not that of a parent wanting to save their children, which screams suspicious, and he was convicted by a jury of his peers.

Perry being against abortion....well, that really does not make him a bad Governor.  Opinions on abortion vary, and we as a nation are divided further by the fact that it is legal and a large portion of the population see it as murder.  You are entitled to your views, but the history of mankind has made it murder all but for the last 38 year or so in the USA, and even to present day really.

Scott Peterson was convicted of second degree murder for killing his unborn son, but had his wife decided to have an abortion, why that is perfectly ok according to the law.  Does that make sense to you?  Not to me.

I was hoping you would give me something solid that I could say....yeah, you're right, he stinks.  The fact he is from Texas is a problem for me after having one dunderhead from there, and judging by his looks, he does not appear to be any more intelligent than Bush.  I am including his decline of federal funds as part of that assessment.  I thought he appeared very political and idiotic at the time.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »

Mia,

Contrary to your thinking, I was not trying to dismiss you at all.

I didn't think you were.   

I was seeking areas we could agree upon.  I do not agree that the Willingham case has Perry having done something wrong.  He confessed to three different people, his behavior is not that of a parent wanting to save their children, which screams suspicious, and he was convicted by a jury of his peers.

If we're going to put someone to death, then it should be 100% sure they did it.  In the end too many people were coming out saying the evidence didn't hold up.  Also, the area that most disturbs me is Perry's actions to hide ANY investigation into it. 

Perry being against abortion....well, that really does not make him a bad Governor.  Opinions on abortion vary, and we as a nation are divided further by the fact that it is legal and a large portion of the population see it as murder.  You are entitled to your views, but the history of mankind has made it murder all but for the last 38 year or so in the USA, and even to present day really.

It's not that he's against abortion, though I disagree with him, it's the fact that while facing a $27B deficit, he makes an ultrasound the "emergency" legislation.  Sorry, I think dealing with the budget is more important than ultrasounds.

I was hoping you would give me something solid that I could say....yeah, you're right, he stinks.  The fact he is from Texas is a problem for me after having one dunderhead from there, and judging by his looks, he does not appear to be any more intelligent than Bush.  I am including his decline of federal funds as part of that assessment.  I thought he appeared very political and idiotic at the time.

The other issues I listed:  Texas Youth Commission abuse, the Emerging Technologies Fund, Perry and the TAMU Board of Regents, Trans Texas Corridor and the now defunct Residential Construction Commission are big deals too along with the ever present deficit and tax reform. 

Perry turned down stimulus money from the federal government to use towards unemployment only to have to turn around a few months later and ask for a loan.  I'm not saying he shouldn't ask for federal help, especially when we have disasters, but his pompous anti-federal govt stance only to have to ask them for help is getting tiresome. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
jafo2010

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »

Yeah, that incident alone made him look the ultimate idiot.

That is why I am a bit stumped that people like Rove (I believe) support him for president.  Maybe he sees opportunity with another dummy from Texas.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 09:54:23 PM »

and you know that wasn't what I intended.  but, after stepping on a land mine, I know when to leave bad enough alone. 

You use my stance on abortion to dismiss every other reason I list about why I don't like someone.  At least I don't dismiss your opinions on everything based on one issue. 

If my pro-choice views cause everything else I say to be dismissed, then I'm better off not participating in any further political discussion here. 

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
natstew

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 09:13:31 AM »

Yeah, that incident alone made him look the ultimate idiot.

That is why I am a bit stumped that people like Rove (I believe) support him for president.  Maybe he sees opportunity with another dummy from Texas.

jaffo, can you match IQ's with Bush? Can you match Degrees with Bush? Before you call people dummies you really should be sure you're smarter than them. Seems to me, you're the dummy here.
natstew

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2011, 09:20:03 AM »

Well then, DON'T.
jafo2010

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2011, 09:34:33 AM »

Yeah, I think I can match IQs.

And no, I did not have a father that placed a silver spoon in my mouth every day from birth.  Junior was a legacy student....real hard there to get in.

If my father was a Congressman, Texas oil millionaire, I doubt any school would deny me entry.

I worked for everything I ever got in my life.  I wasn't a friend to the bin Laden family, who I suspect funded Bush's early business ventures.

I hold both Bush and Obama in the same esteem you hold Obama.

Oh, and there are plenty of Republicans with far greater intelligence than I have that have the same contempt for Bush.  If not for Bush, you would not have Obama to grip about.  Bush destroyed the Republican brand so successfully that every one with a head on their shoulders know the Republican candidate stood zero chance to win in 2008.
natstew

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2011, 09:13:09 AM »

Yeah, I think I can match IQs.

And no, I did not have a father that placed a silver spoon in my mouth every day from birth.  Junior was a legacy student....real hard there to get in.

If my father was a Congressman, Texas oil millionaire, I doubt any school would deny me entry.

I worked for everything I ever got in my life.  I wasn't a friend to the bin Laden family, who I suspect funded Bush's early business ventures.

I hold both Bush and Obama in the same esteem you hold Obama.

Oh, and there are plenty of Republicans with far greater intelligence than I have that have the same contempt for Bush.  If not for Bush, you would not have Obama to grip about.  Bush destroyed the Republican brand so successfully that every one with a head on their shoulders know the Republican candidate stood zero chance to win in 2008.

To much non-sense there to mess with, but here's Bush's IQ, 134. I'll not believe you can match that.
 I also detect a little jealousy on your part. You are only speculating on the other accusations, you have no factual information.

It wasn't Bush who destroyed the Republican brand, it was the Democrat Party/Left Wing Media with their outright false accusations and lies. Bush's part in it was not defending himself, he shares that pecular character trait with his father.

Jaffo, you're solidly in the Ron Paul wacko camp, not capable of rational thinking.

jafo2010

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »

Well, to disappoint...mine exceeds his.  Did not know his was that high however.  His IQ certainly did not help him any.

I'm nor jealous of Bush.  And I'm not complaining about my heritage.  I admired my father, and his.  My father fought in WWII, in combat, and saw some rather gruesome battles.  Let's see, Junior if I recall was AWOL when it suited him.  Of course, I guess that was left wing media nonsense.

And as far as Ron Paul goes, let's see...he wants us out of Iraq and Afghanistan, squandering our treasury there...I agree with that.

He wants to end the FED as it exists today......I agree with that 100%

He wants a balanced budget.........I agree with that 100%

Illegal aliens..............he wants to address that and not give citizenship to the illegals....and he is the only one to put into words something meaningful in that regard that is running for president.

Yeah, I guess he is a wacko..  and yes, sometimes he says things a bit odd, and I agree with that, BUT on the major issues of the day, he is right on target, and speak words that any true conservative crave to hear.

For you to think Bush did not ruin the Republican brand, all I can say is, you do not know many Republican politicians, who had to deal with trying to survive with Bush as the head of the party.  Bush was a joke, a disgrace.

It is a true toss up as to which of our last two presidents is the worse speaker, they are both so brilliant.  Next you will be wanting to compare my IQ with Obama, a guy that supposedly attended two ivy league schools and there is yet one person to come forth and say, I remember Barry when.  Believe me, I am not biased as you and JB when it comes to flunky politicians that are morons.  I look at their record, and I am quite comfortable naming them the Dumb and Dumber Administrations.  H*ll, just when I did not think it could possibly get worse than Bush, sure enough, along comes Obama, the Novelty President.

He is a savvy fund raiser....but that is about it.

Bush, well, he has faded from the landscape, and I doubt you will see him much in the next 30 years.  He has lots of scrub brush on his ranch to clear...LOL!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email