[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 10:10:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Presidential Debate, Monday June 13 8PM ET  (Read 5873 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 10:19:04 PM »

romney isn't polished.  he's greasy.  there is a difference.

Mia has a thousand problems with perry that I just don't understand (and God knows that we have talked about them), but I'm not sure that another texas governor is the answer. 

I am pretty excited about bachmann.  I haven't fully figured out why.   

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 12:56:20 AM »

romney isn't polished.  he's greasy.  there is a difference.

Mia has a thousand problems with perry that I just don't understand (and God knows that we have talked about them), but I'm not sure that another texas governor is the answer. 

I am pretty excited about bachmann.  I haven't fully figured out why.   

Of course I have problems with Perry, I actually pay attention to what's going on in my state.  I'll fully support his run for the presidency if he resigns as governor first.   Grin

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
natstew

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 11:34:07 AM »

Of course I have problems with Perry, I actually pay attention to what's going on in my state.  I'll fully support his run for the presidency if he resigns as governor first.   Grin

And why should he resign as Governor first? The Democrats don't resign their position at the slop trough to run.
 I'm sick and tired of Republicans being held to a higher standard than Democrats and conservatives suffering loss of representation as a result. Sometimes you have to get in the mud to fight the slimeballs.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 11:59:21 AM »

And why should he resign as Governor first?

Um, because I don't like him. I didn't vote for him. I'm tired of seeing him on tv. I'm tired of his constant bs. So, yes I'd love him to resign to run for president.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
natstew

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »

Um, because I don't like him. I didn't vote for him. I'm tired of seeing him on tv. I'm tired of his constant bs. So, yes I'd love him to resign to run for president.

Sounds like a Liberal to me!
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 12:21:33 PM »

Sounds like a Liberal to me!

I'm a centrist.

jafo2010

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »

As one who knows nothing about Perry, could you benefit me with why you dislike him.  And it makes no sense that you would be happy to see him leave as Governor, but happy to see him as president.  This I do not understand.  Or am I misinterpreting your comments.

Please provide details as to why you dislike him as Governor, and expound on why you think he would be good for the country.....
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 01:26:29 PM »

As one who knows nothing about Perry, could you benefit me with why you dislike him.  And it makes no sense that you would be happy to see him leave as Governor, but happy to see him as president.  This I do not understand.  Or am I misinterpreting your comments.

Please provide details as to why you dislike him as Governor, and expound on why you think he would be good for the country.....

It's sarcasm.  I don't like him as governor nor as president. 

As far as his governorship...things to look at:  the constant running budget deficit.  This time it was $27B.  It's due to the tax change a few years ago, where it was supposed to help with property taxes (it didn't) and we will run a constant budget deficit until it's fixed.  Instead of I dunno, demanding a fix to the tax structure, what's considered emergency legislation by our governor?  Forcing women to undergo an ultrasound before an abortion.  Yes, an ultrasound was considered the most important emergency legislation before our budget. 

I suggest looking at our poverty rate in Texas, the graduation rates, the high teenage pregnancy rates, etc.  Also look into the Trans Texas corridor.  Refer to Perry and the Texas A&M Board of Regents.  Perry and his slush fund - Emerging Technologies Fund.  Look into the execution of Cameron Todd Willingham.  Texas Youth Commission abuse.  Also look into the now gone (thankfully) Residential Construction Commission.

Oh and for all his Tea Party "we don't need the stinkin' federal government" talk, you might wanna check out how much federal aid we've received from the federal government. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »

she doesn't like him because he is stridently pro-life.  personally, I'm not sure how much matters to her after that.

As far as his governorship...things to look at:  the constant running budget deficit.  This time it was $27B.  It's due to the tax change a few years ago, where it was supposed to help with property taxes (it didn't) and we will run a constant budget deficit until it's fixed.  Instead of I dunno, demanding a fix to the tax structure, what's considered emergency legislation by our governor?  Forcing women to undergo an ultrasound before an abortion.  Yes, an ultrasound was considered the most important emergency legislation before our budget.  
the TX budget deficit is a hell of a lot better every single "smart" state governed by those brilliant dems.  you didn't seem to mind president obama's 18 month long distraction to hijack my health insurance during "the greatest financial crisis since the great depression", so I'm not sure your outrage at perry is well placed.

I suggest looking at our poverty rate in Texas, the graduation rates, the high teenage pregnancy rates, etc.  Also look into the Trans Texas corridor.  Refer to Perry and the Texas A&M Board of Regents.  Perry and his slush fund - Emerging Technologies Fund.  Look into the execution of Cameron Todd Willingham.  Texas Youth Commission abuse.  Also look into the now gone (thankfully) Residential Construction Commission.
I wonder what the poverty rate is less all the illegals, semi-legals, and anchor families?  and do you think perry himself is knocking up all the teenagers?  if any of the rest of that held any water, the man would be in prison, right next to george w. bush.

Oh and for all his Tea Party "we don't need the stinkin' federal government" talk, you might wanna check out how much federal aid we've received from the federal government.  
or I might not care.  

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 03:35:17 PM by JohnBrowdie » Logged

natstew

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 03:11:40 PM »

I'm a centrist.

Socially Liberal is Left
 Pro-choice is left
 You can't be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. You have to be fiscally liberal to pay for the socially liberal programs.

Centrist is a term lefties use to try to fool conservatives.

I've heard it said that the majority of Americans are Right of center. That is wrong. The majority determines where center is, so center is Right of where Lefties claim it is.

Hell, I thought I was a Leftist until I found out that the Democrats had been lying to me all my life, including my own family. When I started investigating for myself, (thanks to Jimmy Carter) I found out that I really am a Conservative and that the Republican Party is more in line with my beliefs than the Democrat Party. (Thanks to Ronald Reagan)

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 03:30:58 PM »

rick perry's re-re-election was pretty much the inner circle of hell for mia.  on a personal level, it was hard to watch.  on a political level, I got quite a kick out of it. Grin

jafo2010

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »

Many if not all the problems you listed existed before Perry was Governor.

Graduation rates are a problem in most states with large cities.  I think it is safe to say that since our education system is around 20th in the world, one could say the whole of the USA has a mediocre education system.

There are only a couple states that do not have a deficit.  Texas has good company.  The bottomline....cut spending, and from report I am hearing lately, they will be cutting jobs by the tens of thousands in every state.  You think unemployment is bad now, just wait.  And six to 12 months after they are cut, now those people cycle through mortgage foreclosure.

What was 800,000 foreclosures in 2010, forecast of 2,000,000 in 2011, will become 4,000,000 in 2012, and everyone is fearful Obama will get elected....no way.  He will be lucky to make it out of office without being drawn and quartered.  That is why I believe he will not seek a second term.

For me, abortion is murder.  Anything he does to halt the murder of innocent life that has no defender, I applaud him for that.  And in regard to Willingham, he was convicted by a jury of his peers.  He confessed to three different people...but forget that, he made no effort whatsoever once free of the fire to rescue his children.  That is beyond suspicious.  If I was forced to leave my home with my babies still inside due to the intensity of the fire, I would attempt to find a way to get to them.  He made no attempt.

I will agree that Perry appeared very political in refusing federal money and then turning around and accepting it.  But, hey, he is a politician, and I regret to say, they all play those games.  That is the nature of the beast.  I found very few honest people, no to be blunt, no honest people when I got elected.  I was very saddened by this...the outright corruption, palms being greased, etc.

I did not research all the other things listed because for the moment, he may not run, and if not, he is not my problem.  But I did not see anything condemning in what I did review.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »

she doesn't like him because he is stridently pro-life.  personally, I'm not sure how much matters to her after that.

Your dismissal of my opinions is duly noted. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 04:17:56 PM »

we've only had this argument a thousand times.  we always wind up in the same place.  and there isn't anything necessarily wrong with an abortion litmus test.  I doubt seriously that I would ever support a pro-choice candidate for anything.

every time this comes up, I feel like a *broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*

Your dismissal of my opinions is duly noted. 

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »

we've only had this argument a thousand times.  we always wind up in the same place.  and there isn't anything necessarily wrong with an abortion litmus test.  I doubt seriously that I would ever support a pro-choice candidate for anything.

every time this comes up, I feel like a *broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*broken record*

You use my stance on abortion to dismiss every other reason I list about why I don't like someone.  At least I don't dismiss your opinions on everything based on one issue. 

If my pro-choice views cause everything else I say to be dismissed, then I'm better off not participating in any further political discussion here. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email