[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
April 25, 2024, 03:17:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump threatens to cut Obamacare subsidies  (Read 3344 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: April 13, 2017, 11:25:26 AM »

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/12/president-donald-trump-threatens-to-cut-obamacare-subsidies.html

President Donald Trump has not given up on the holy grail of repealing Obamacare, and on Wednesday he revealed his next move, threatening to use health insurance subsidies as a weapon to get Democrats to negotiate on reform.

Trump said his administration may not have the legal authority to make cost-sharing reduction payments, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. So-called CSR subsidies reduce out-of-pocket costs for low-income Affordable Care Act enrollees, but Republicans in Congress sued the Obama administration, saying they expenditures were not authorized under the ACA.

Trump told the Journal he did not want people to get hurt by stopping the payments, but that what he thinks "should happen? is the Democrats will start calling me and negotiating."
jafo2010

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 08:55:29 PM »

I think Trump is going to get a good dose of how corrupt the federal government is when he tries to do anything along this line.  AS long as any federal jusdge can be approached to halt the president, our country is compromised.  We will witness the worst form of gridlock over the next four years.  The Republican Congress is a disgrace.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »

I think Trump is going to get a good dose of how corrupt the federal government is when he tries to do anything along this line.  AS long as any federal jusdge can be approached to halt the president, our country is compromised.  We will witness the worst form of gridlock over the next four years.  The Republican Congress is a disgrace.
I tend to agree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email