[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
March 29, 2024, 12:23:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State Dept. carries out layoffs under Rex Tillerson  (Read 672 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: February 17, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/state-dept-layoffs-under-rex-tillerson-being-carried-out/

While Rex Tillerson is on his first overseas trip as Secretary of State, his aides laid off staff at the State Department on Thursday.

Much of seventh-floor staff, who work for the Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources and the Counselor offices, were told today that their services were no longer needed.

These staffers in particular are often the conduit between the secretary?s office to the country bureaus, where the regional expertise is centered. Inside the State Department, some officials fear that this is a politically-minded purge that cuts out much-needed expertise from the policy-making, rather than simply reorganizing the bureaucracy.

There are clear signals being sent that many key foreign policy portfolios will be controlled directly by the White House, rather than through the professional diplomats.
jafo2010

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 09:53:06 PM »

After a poisonous Obama/Clinton/Kerry, a major house cleaning should be expected.  They could fire every employee working at the State Department, and in my view, it would be justified and necessary.  I would sooner have all new people without the expertise than folks that would be disloyal to the president.

Fire every last sob!
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 04:19:43 AM »

After a poisonous Obama/Clinton/Kerry, a major house cleaning should be expected.  They could fire every employee working at the State Department, and in my view, it would be justified and necessary.  I would sooner have all new people without the expertise than folks that would be disloyal to the president.

Fire every last sob!

I cannot wait to see the reduction of the epa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email