[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 10:45:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should White House Realease Photo of Usama's Body?
Yes - 2 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Bin Laden is Dead" Thread  (Read 17947 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 11:52:33 PM »

I know I should be happy about this, but I am not.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 11:52:42 PM »

I don't think you can get reliable results back in a day, can you?  and his body and the test DNA would have to be in very close proximity.

it would be awfully hard to pull off. 

Can't Special Forces do anything?  They are pretty amazing.  Heh

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2011, 11:52:51 PM »

well, since it was a ground based firefight, he probably wasn't blown to bits like he would have been if it had been a 2000 pound guided munition.  maybe it just wasn't that hard to identify him.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2011, 11:53:32 PM »

I know I should be happy about this, but I am not.

I'm ecstatic.  That ****er killed thousands of Americans.  THOUSANDS.  He deserved to die, and I'm ****ing ecstatic that he's dead. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2011, 11:56:12 PM »

they read george bush's statement on fox news.  it was very gracious. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:45 PM »

I'm not sure that the whole "dancing in the streets" thing is such a great idea. 

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:03 PM »

OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD: President Obama lays out the timeline of events that led to the killing of Osama bin Laden: He says in August, "after years of painstaking work," he was "briefed on a possible lead to bin laden."

"It was far from certain," he says, and the process "took many months." He says he met repeatedly with his national security team. Bin Laden, he says, was hiding in a compound "deep inside Pakistan."

"Last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice," Obama says, looking straight into the camera. "Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Islamabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a fire fight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body." (11:43 p.m.)

Obama calls bin Laden's death "the most significant achievement" in the war. "We must and we will remain vigilant at home and abroad," he says.

He adds, "We must also reaffirm that the United States is not and never will be at war with Islam. ... Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader. He was a mass murderer of Muslims."

On Pakistan, Obama says he called President Asif Ali Zardari to say that "this is a good and historic day for both of our nations." (11:46 p.m.)

Obama declares: "Justice has been done." He also pays tribute to the "countless" intelligence agents who are nameless but who he says played a crucial role in the operation. "Tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work," he says, then thanking the members of the military.

And he says to the families of the 9/11 victims that "we have never forgotten your loss."

"Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of wealth and power but because of who we are," he says.

He thanks the country, and then walks away from the cameras. (11:47 p.m.)

http://www.politico.com/politico44/
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2011, 11:59:34 PM »

george bush's statement from his facebook page

Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al Qaeda network that attacked America on September 11, 2001.  I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission.  They have our everlasting gratitude.  This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001.  The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message:  No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 12:01:58 AM »

In his statement tonight obama said this...
"Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of wealth and power but because of who we are," he says.
What does that mean..? Wealth and power. Why say that?

I am not that happy I tell you why. In the grand scheme of things, he has destroyed this country and will get credit for this in the polls. He does not deserve this WHATSOEVER! If he wins re-election this country is done. That is why i am not that happy. Just me though
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:26 AM »

george bush's statement from his facebook page

I would have expected nothing less from Bush. 

I'm not sure that the whole "dancing in the streets" thing is such a great idea. 

It's not.  Honestly, remember how awful it was to see people dancing in the streets on 9/11?  It reminds me of that.  I understand people wanting to celebrate, but at the same time, it's a bit...distasteful. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 12:09:16 AM »

I have no idea what that sentence meant, but he lost me at "cloudless september morning".

In his statement tonight obama said this... What does that mean..? Wealth and power. Why say that?

I am not that happy I tell you why. In the grand scheme of things, he has destroyed this country and will get credit for this in the polls. He does not deserve this WHATSOEVER! If he wins re-election this country is done. That is why i am not that happy. Just me though

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011, 12:12:16 AM »

the palestinians were dancing when 3,000 innocent americans were killed.  we are dancing because we offed a murdering bad guy.  there's a difference, but celebrating the killing an individual still sort of gives me a slight case of the creeps.

it's not like celebrating the end or wwii, since the war on terror is nowhere near over. 

I would have expected nothing less from Bush. 

It's not.  Honestly, remember how awful it was to see people dancing in the streets on 9/11?  It reminds me of that.  I understand people wanting to celebrate, but at the same time, it's a bit...distasteful. 

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 12:13:29 AM »

the palestinians were dancing when 3,000 innocent americans were killed.  we are dancing because we offed a murdering bad guy.  there's a difference, but celebrating the killing an individual still sort of gives me a slight case of the creeps.

it's not like celebrating the end or wwii, since the war on terror is nowhere near over. 

I didn't say it was exactly the same, but just that it reminded me of it.  I agree with you, it gives me the creeps. 

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2011, 12:16:59 AM »

I agree. I do not like it either.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2011, 12:18:31 AM »

I'm having a vodka tonic to celebrate.  I don't normally drink on a school night, but I'll make an exception tonight.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email