[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 10:28:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illinois governor abolishes death penalty  (Read 3911 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: March 09, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »

it wouldn't be so difficult to get proper verdicts if illinois wasn't the most corrupt state in the union.  all the brainless governor has accomplished is to make illinois an even hotter destination for criminals, and make the law abiding citzens of the state MUCH less safe.

and what IS it with liberals, and not being able to focus on the most important issue(s) of the day.  the illinois state budget is so far out of balance that it has it's own field of gravity, but governor sh*t-for-brains is going to worry about executions.  even if there is currently a moratorium against executions.

Illinois governor abolishes death penalty

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn abolished the death penalty Wednesday, more than a decade after the state imposed a moratorium on executions out of concern that innocent people could be put to death by a justice system that had wrongly condemned 13 men.

Quinn also commuted the sentences of all 15 inmates remaining on Illinois' death row. They will now serve life in prison with no hope of parole.

State lawmakers voted in January to abandon capital punishment, and Quinn spent two months reflecting on the issue, speaking with prosecutors, crime victims' families, death penalty opponents and religious leaders. He called it the "most difficult decision" he has made as governor.

"We have found over and over again: Mistakes have been made. Innocent people have been freed. It's not possible to create a perfect, mistake-free death penalty system," Quinn said.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:58:26 PM »

I did not know Governors had that unilateral power

안녕하십니까
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:15:05 PM »

I did not know Governors had that unilateral power

He signed a bill that state lawmakers voted on and passed.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
natstew

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »

So now the Chicago mob will quit using the death penalty? I don't think so.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 07:48:14 PM »

So now the Chicago mob will quit using the death penalty? I don't think so.

The death penalty is only for the bad guys to use.

안녕하십니까
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 09:18:16 PM »

The death penalty is only for the bad guys to use.

I'm against the death penalty.  Firstly it cost more.  Secondly I believe an appropriate punishment is serving your life locked behind bars without the chance to get out.  Plus I'd rather err on the side of caution (life without parole) than mistakenly put an innocent person to death.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 09:52:26 PM »

than mistakenly put an innocent person to death.

But putting millions of innocent pre-born persons to death on purpose is fine.

안녕하십니까
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 09:59:37 PM »

But putting millions of innocent pre-born persons to death on purpose is fine.

Yes, because that's exactly what I've said about abortion. I love it, I try and get pregnant every month just so I can have an abortion. One more punch on my frequent visitor card and I get one for free!

natstew

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 08:40:19 AM »

I'm against the death penalty.  Firstly it cost more.  Secondly I believe an appropriate punishment is serving your life locked behind bars without the chance to get out.  Plus I'd rather err on the side of caution (life without parole) than mistakenly put an innocent person to death.

Take away the perks and put the murderer in a dark cell without TV, phone, Air Conditioning, recreation yard, feed him bare subsistence diet, and I'm okay with it. Oh yeah, no medical care, when he dies, he just dies and is burried in an unmarked grave in prison grounds, or better yet fed to the bloodhounds.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 11:52:25 AM »

Yes, because that's exactly what I've said about abortion. I love it, I try and get pregnant every month just so I can have an abortion. One more punch on my frequent visitor card and I get one for free!

wonderful.  we're arguing unwinnable arguments again, and somehow apparently expecting different results.  and we're even being sh*tty about it. 

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 12:07:42 PM »

wonderful.  we're arguing unwinnable arguments again, and somehow apparently expecting different results.  and we're even being sh*tty about it. 

I didn't bring up abortion in this thread originally. And a sh*tty post deserves a sh*tty reply.

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »

She assumes the comment was intended to be aimed at her. Defensive?

figures  Tongue

안녕하십니까
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 01:45:39 PM »

She assumes the comment was intended to be aimed at her. Defensive?

Because you quoted my reply in your post. I'm not defensive, I'm very content with my pro-choice and anti-death penalty views.

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 01:47:22 PM »

Slay ther innocent and protect the guilty. Sounds comfy.

안녕하십니까
natstew

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »

Because you quoted my reply in your post. I'm not defensive, I'm very content with my pro-choice and anti-death penalty views.

Pro choice and anti death are contradictory terms.

Actually pro-choice is Liberal speak for pro-abortion which is pro-baby killing.

I know several women who have had abortions in the past and all suffer from severe emotional disorders from it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email