[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 09:18:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thousands of Protesters Surround State Capitol (Wisconsin)  (Read 7955 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2011, 09:53:22 PM »

Wis. Law Enforcement Association 'Regrets' Endorsing Walker
http://www.channel3000.com/news/26933675/detail.html

MADISON, Wis. -- The executive board president of the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Association has issued a statement on the organization's website expressing regret for the endorsement of Gov. Scott Walker in the governor's race.

In a post dated Feb. 16, Tracy Fuller writes, "I am going to make an effort to speak for myself, and every member of the Wisconsin State Patrol when I say this … I specifically regret the endorsement of the Wisconsin Trooper's Association for Gov. Scott Walker. I regret the governor's decision to 'endorse' the troopers and inspectors of the Wisconsin State Patrol. I regret being the recipient of any of the perceived benefits provided by the governor's anointing. I think everyone's job and career is just as significant as the others. Everyone's family is just as valuable as mine or any other persons, especially mine. Everyone's needs are just as valuable. We are all great people!!" The full statement can be found at www.wlea.org.

The statement was posted during a week in which tens of thousands of people descended on the Capitol building to protest Walker's budget bill that would curtail union rights for most public employees.

Walker's bill would strip state and local government employees, including teachers, custodians and game wardens, of their ability to collectively bargain everything except their wages.

But the measure carves out a special exemption for local police officers, firefighters and the Wisconsin State Patrol.
-snip-

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2011, 09:57:39 PM »

Thank you. 

I'll elaborate farther, tomorrow or the next day, as I'm about to head to bed soon.  I've tried to avoid going too much into the Wisconsin discussion, as it's too serious of an issue IMPO, to merit a casual posting.
OK have a good evening. Wink
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2011, 10:57:55 PM »

Let me repeat:

The Wisconsin State Senate only needs 17 for a quorum for non-spending bills.

Anybody up for abolish public employees unions?

Sooner or later the Wisconsin GOP might actually get a clue.

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »

Let me repeat:

The Wisconsin State Senate only needs 17 for a quorum for non-spending bills.

Anybody up for abolish public employees unions?

Sooner or later the Wisconsin GOP might actually get a clue.
I up for it. I live in a right to work state.
natstew

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »

Example of free enterprise in a right to work State:
 I need some leaves raked so I put up a sign saying I'll pay someone for raking my leaves. A man comes by and asks how much I'll pay. I say 5 dollars. He says no and leaves. Another man comes by and asks how much? I say 5 dollars and he rakes the leaves, I pay him five dollars and we're both happy.

Example of (free?) enterprise in a Union State:
 I need some leaves raked so I post a sign saying I'll pay someone for raking my leaves. A man comes by and asks how much. I say five dollars. He calls me a rich bastard, leaves, comes back with his Union thugs and beats the sh*t out of me, terrorizes my wife and children, trashes my lawn, breaks my windows, and the Unionized Police, (who my taxes pay) stand ready to arrest me if I defend my own family, property and home.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 09:27:55 AM »

How it should be:

Mr. A has an apple tree.

Mr. B is traveling by and see's that Mr. A has an apple tree.

Mr. B offers to pay for an apple. Mr. A agrees that a quarter is a good price.

Mr. B has an apple and he is happy. Mr. A has a quarter and he is happy.

How it is:

Mr. A has an apple tree

Mr. A needs a business permit, needs to sell at a government approved location, has his merchandise inspected and collects sales taxes on all sales and pay FICA taxes for himself.

Mr. A decides not to sell his apples.

Mr. B is still hungry.

안녕하십니까
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 09:42:02 AM »

Feds gave WI schools $669M.... 20 times more than what Walker is trying to save

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2677259/posts

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »

New York's Teamsters Local 237 to bus in support to union protestors in Wisconsin

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/02/21/2011-02-21_new_yorks_teamsters_local_237_to_bus_in_support_to_union_protestors_in_wisconsin.html

The Wisconsin workers who have staged a week-long protest against their union-busting governor are getting some Big Apple reinforcements.

Teamsters Local 237, which represents various city workers, intends to "bus a couple hundred" members to Madison - possibly this week, Deputy Director Pete Gutierrez told The Daily News.

"This governor has awakened a sleeping giant," Gutierrez said of Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican. "We're going to bring down as many people as possible. It's an important issue and legitimate cause."

I guess these will be the ones who did not shovel that snow in NY there recently?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:46:49 PM by apples » Logged
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 10:41:22 PM »

next, I guess WI 911 operators will be asking people making emergency calls if the are union members before they dispatch the cops or EMS. :Smiley

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »

next, I guess WI 911 operators will be asking people making emergency calls if the are union members before they dispatch the cops or EMS. :Smiley

You only think that is humor.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2011, 10:55:30 PM »

they won't have to ask.  will have the union status of households and businesses attached to the phone number in the 911 telephone system.  "union" or "non-union" will come up on the screen with the address.

You only think that is humor.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 10:58:56 PM »

the GOP is going to start picking off hot-button legislation that doesn't need a super-majority for a quorum.  nominees and non-spending bills, & etc.  that oughta get 'em back in town pretty fast.

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2011, 11:30:35 PM »

the GOP is going to start picking off hot-button legislation that doesn't need a super-majority for a quorum.  nominees and non-spending bills, & etc.  that oughta get 'em back in town pretty fast.

Voter ID is apparently first in line.

안녕하십니까
natstew

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 03:35:28 PM »

Apples, I really like your posts!  So please do not take this as anything personal.  But your very statement is contradictory at the very issue of what's at hand.  It's okay though, as the that rhetoric is the very reason why theirs such a protest. 

Vonne, just so you'll know, that's there's, not theirs. Theirs signifies ownership, there's signifies there is. :Smiley

Just so you'll know next time. Grin
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2011, 10:53:23 AM »

Wis. Assembly agrees to deal ending debate

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WISCONSIN_BUDGET_ASSEMBLY?SITE=SCAND&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republicans and Democrats in the Wisconsin Assembly have agreed to a deal that will limit further debate on a bill taking away collective bargaining rights for public workers and lead to a vote on the measure later Thursday.

The deal was announced shortly after 6 a.m. Thursday following an unprecedented 40-hour debate that began Tuesday morning with only short breaks in between.

Democrats agreed to limit further amendments to just 38 with a 10-minute time limit on each one. If they take the maximum time for each, with no breaks, that would put the vote around noon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email