[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 09:10:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thousands of Protesters Surround State Capitol (Wisconsin)  (Read 7954 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 06:37:02 PM »

the union thugs and lefties aren't exactly being well behaved.  from a milwaukee radio station.  this is from Thursday, before the tea party arrived.

On Thursday, legislators were advised to return to their offices and lock their doors. Mobs roamed the halls, banging on the glass of the doors, pounding on the walls. No one could move in the halls or enter or leave the building. The glass of the Supreme Court's entrance was broken. Legislators were genuinely afraid. Our elected representatives were afraid. In our Capitol.

A young female reporter trying to get into the Senate chamber struggled to get through the crowd. She arrived disheveled and upset because she had been roughed up as she tried to get through "Bitch-slapped" the mob told her. A senior senator was spat on. A senator and his female staffer struggled to get into the capitol. He was worried about his staffer because the crowd was grabbing at her and pushing her. University Police were two arms lengths away and did nothing. They, of course, are union.

Everyone has heard the story of the Democrats fleeing the state (Our slogan: Wisconsin; Illinois is beneath us). Everywhere are signs comparing Walker to Hosni Mubarak.  What is their end game? Overturning an election and seizing our government?

Protesters spent the night on the floor of the Capitol. A friend of mine said the entire place smelled when she walked in on Friday morning. There was garbage everywhere. This is one of the most beautiful Capitol buildings in the country. The mob had no respect for the place, for what happens there, or for the citizens whose freedoms it represents.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »

meanwhile non of that gets reported by the MSM

its all roses and love to them

안녕하십니까
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 07:56:42 PM »

Union operative disrupts TEA Party by ripping wires out of speaker system (video at link)

http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/19/union-operative-attempts-to-destroy-tea-party-rally’s-speaker-system-video/

Meanwhile the Madison cops are desperate to report no arrests. This union thug was released.

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »

These people are thugs, backed by the White House. It is a proven fact. Organizing for America is Obie website.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »

organizing for america is the remains of the obama campaign apparatus.  he has kept it intact, I assume, for exactly these kinds of situations.

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »

I think the Madison police department has been told not to arrest anyone except for actual violent assaults or something.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 10:04:54 PM »

I read a blurb or two on madison.com that described a few assaults.  mostly pushing and shoving and yelling. 

I would have posted the links, but madison.com can't get it's head out of organized labor's ass long enough to whistle.

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »

I read a blurb or two on madison.com that described a few assaults.  mostly pushing and shoving and yelling. 

Apparently the protesters took over the building and camped out inside of it all night while legislators and staff were huddled in their offices in fear.

How long do you think the TEA Party could do that?

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »

Apparently the protesters took over the building and camped out inside of it all night while legislators and staff were huddled in their offices in fear.

How long do you think the TEA Party could do that?
Not ever. Yet it is time to start maybe?
Vonne

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »

HORRIBLE. All this story is. All they are asking of the Unions is to pay something like 12% more for health care and put money for pensions. THEY WILL STILL HAVE THOSE HUGE SALARY's. Our White House is knee deep in provoking  this. This is a state issue. So was Arizona. Yeah they want to stop collective bargaining. That is what this is all about. Taking away power from the unions. This needs to be done. Shut down Unions period.

Apples, I really like your posts!  So please do not take this as anything personal.  But your very statement is contradictory at the very issue of what's at hand.  It's okay though, as the that rhetoric is the very reason why theirs such a protest. 
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »

Apples, I really like your posts!  So please do not take this as anything personal.  But your very statement is contradictory at the very issue of what's at hand.  It's okay though, as the that rhetoric is the very reason why theirs such a protest. 

There is such a protest because unions want to protect their power to rob the taxpayer.

안녕하십니까
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 09:34:38 PM »

The Republicans have just reminded the absent Democrats that they only need 17 state Senators for a quorum when it comes to non-spending bills.

lol!!

Is abolishing state recognition of unions a spending item?

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »

I won't take it personal.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 09:44:38 PM »

I won't take it personal. I do not understand your point though.
Vonne

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 09:50:57 PM »

I won't take it personal. I do not understand your point though.

Thank you. 

I'll elaborate farther, tomorrow or the next day, as I'm about to head to bed soon.  I've tried to avoid going too much into the Wisconsin discussion, as it's too serious of an issue IMPO, to merit a casual posting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email