[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
March 28, 2024, 04:23:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon closing TX distribution center over tax dispute  (Read 3790 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 12:49:11 AM »

No, White would be in his office with lobbyists and business leaders handing out the patronage

Which is different than Perry?

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
natstew

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 09:39:52 AM »

If the bald guy was in, there wouldn't be talk of the decimating cuts Perry's proposing.  Cuts yes, and tax increases yes, but the people that voted for Perry and what Perry's been saying is no new taxes.  He'll have to go back on his word.  The one good thing is his little slush fund, the Texas Enterprise Fund, is about to go bye bye.

Oh and White wouldn't be living in a $10k/month rental either. 

What happened to the Governors Mansion? not good enough for him?
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 12:46:20 PM »

What happened to the Governors Mansion? not good enough for him?

It was undergoing renovations (which it needed) when it was torched by an arsonist in June 2008.  There was a fight between Mrs. Perry and the Historical Society (hum, no wonder that's supposed to be completely cut) about the new renovation, she wanted to add on to the building, which the Historical Society slapped that down, since it would have completely changed the building.  They've been living in a $10k/month rental since this all started back in Oct 2007.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »

I call into question the whole notion of a "decimating cut".  when government butts out, individuals are able to build better solutions.

If the bald guy was in, there wouldn't be talk of the decimating cuts Perry's proposing.  Cuts yes, and tax increases yes, but the people that voted for Perry and what Perry's been saying is no new taxes.  He'll have to go back on his word.  The one good thing is his little slush fund, the Texas Enterprise Fund, is about to go bye bye.

Oh and White wouldn't be living in a $10k/month rental either.  

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »

(hum, no wonder that's supposed to be completely cut)

Well, we don't need it

안녕하십니까
Vonne

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 11:16:19 AM »

Huh?  ...Amazon, wait... let me find that thread  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email