[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 17, 2024, 03:03:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Palin ethics complaint/lawsuit thread  (Read 6518 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: July 16, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »

the sufferers of palin derangement syndrome take it in the shorts yet again.  although, this story seems to be written in an unecessarily snide way.  the comment about the complaint not being notarized makes it sound like the whole thing was dismissed on a technicality,
despite (perhaps, we are permitted to assume) actual wrongdoing.

the flat fact of the matter is that not a single one of these ridiculous gaddam ethics complaints have been wort the paper that they were
printed on  -- even the one about her children's travel,  which prompted her to reimburse the state.  that one was the most disgusting
and petty of all of them.

Board dismisses another Palin ethics complaint

JUNEAU -- Another of the ethics complaints that Gov. Sarah Palin says helped drive her from office has been dismissed as unfounded, the governor's office said Wednesday in a written statement. This complaint claimed Palin misused state time by doing media interviews that she allegedly got paid for.

The complaint was filed July 6.

It was rejected in part because it was not properly notarized, the statement said.

In addition, the Personnel Board had previously determined that interviews do not violate the state Ethics Act. And the complaint offered no evidence to support the claim the governor was paid, the statement said.

Link
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:17:28 PM by John Browdie » Logged

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:17:59 AM »

a little more info on the palin thing. 

Ethics complaint against Palin dismissed

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Another ethics complaint against Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has been dismissed.

Palin's office says the state personnel board rejected the complaint — alleging Palin has been paid for media interviews — in part because it was not properly notarized.

The governor's office says a board official also noted the panel already has determined that media interviews did not violate ethics law.

Palin representatives say the governor has not been paid for media interviews and the complainant, Raymond Alvin Ward, lacked evidence to back his contention.

The complaint is among 18 ethics grievances filed against Palin, most of which have been dismissed.

Link

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 02:39:13 PM »

the press release about the dismissal of the ethics complaint from Gov. Palin's web site, which will almost certainly become the subject of an ethics complaint.

Another Ethics Complaint Rejected

July 15, 2009, Anchorage, Alaska - The Alaska Personnel Board has rejected another ethics complaint lodged against Governor Sarah Palin.

The complaint alleged that the governor misused state time by accepting media interviews. The complaint also alleged that Governor Palin was paid for television and radio interviews. Governor Palin has not been paid for media interviews.

This complaint was filed by Raymond Alvin Ward on July 9. It was rejected in part because it was not properly notarized. In addition, Personnel Board Chairman Debra English said the board had already determined media interviews did not violate the Ethics Act. Ward lacked evidence to support his allegation that the governor received any payment for media interviews.

Governor Palin's attorney, Thomas Van Flein, responded to the dismissal saying, "The board has appropriately determined that a complaint must have a factual basis of some type and that complaints based on pure speculation are not proper. This most recent complaint demonstrates the problem with the system, and the manner in which it can be abused."

Link
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:33:20 PM by John Browdie » Logged

Vonne

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »

the flat fact of the matter is that not a single one of these ridiculous gaddam ethics complaints have been wort the paper that they were printed on  -- even the one about her children's travel,  which prompted her to reimburse the state.  that one was the most disgusting and petty of all of them.

Do you happen to have a link for that one, I'm a tad curious about it.  I'd Google, but shrugs, I'm tired and about to head to bed... Actually, I'll likely forget about this by morning, so no worries  Grin
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 11:34:16 PM »

Do you happen to have a link for that one, I'm a tad curious about it.  I'd Google, but shrugs, I'm tired and about to head to bed... Actually, I'll likely forget about this by morning, so no worries  Grin

sorry.  screwed up the link that morning.  Tongue

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:39:02 PM »

sorry.  screwed up the link that morning.  Tongue

damn.  I'm stupid.  I saw that I had screwed up a URL tag and assumed that was what you were referring to.  no, I don't have a link, or even a series of links.  this is my best recollection from following the events as carefully as you can from the lower 48.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:04:36 AM »

I'm interested to see the outcome of the complaint against her taking a per diem since she chooses to live in her own home versus the governor's mansion. 

A complaint was filed today for Palin's lack of disclosure of gifts she received.  It seems pretty cut and dried the law states that gifts over $150 must be reported within 30 days of receipt and Palin acknowledges that she still has gifts from 2008 that she hasn't reported on. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 12:10:58 AM »

Here's a list of complaints up to June 22.  ADN Link

There have been 3 (I think) more filed. One was about Palin taking a per diem to live in her own home instead of the governor's mansion.  It also states that a per diem is only for employees that live 50 miles or more from their office and Palin does her governor's work out of Anchorage which is within 50 miles of Wasilla.  There was one filed today about her lack of disclosure on gifts received.  I believe there's been another one filed, but cannot remember it off the top of my head.

The one about travel was that Palin was taking on the state's dime her children to events where they weren't explicitly invited.  Palin settled it by paying back money to the state. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 09:51:28 AM »

Here's a list of complaints up to June 22.  ADN Link

There have been 3 (I think) more filed. One was about Palin taking a per diem to live in her own home instead of the governor's mansion.  It also states that a per diem is only for employees that live 50 miles or more from their office and Palin does her governor's work out of Anchorage which is within 50 miles of Wasilla.  There was one filed today about her lack of disclosure on gifts received.  I believe there's been another one filed, but cannot remember it off the top of my head.

The one about travel was that Palin was taking on the state's dime her children to events where they weren't explicitly invited.  Palin settled it by paying back money to the state. 

OMG!!  and why isn't sarah palin in prison?!?!?!?  :Smiley  that's pretty much as I recall this massive cavalcade of human stupidity, and it hardly supports the caricature that liberals, the MSM, leftist bloggers, and other sufferers of PDS would have you believe.  and even in the two cases where reimbursement was paid, the finding specifically said that no wrongdoing was found. 

the huge majority of these things have been filed by just a few people;  the most prolific abuser of the ethics act by filing ridiculous claims is actually republican with a huge personal (and longstanding) ax to grind.  another couple are bloggers, at least one was ANONYMOUS, for God's sake.   among her sins;  she was wearing a parka with a logo on it.  she campaigned for saxby chambliss' during his runoff.  allegations of an ethical breach were made against a member of her staff that specifically sought ethical guidance, and obeyed it, beforehand.

and these miserable, petty, vindictive and unproductive complaints have cost the state $2 million.

it's absurd and pathetic.  it's motivated by a very few people with no lives, more time on their hands than common sense, a stick up their a$$, and a willingness to waste state resources.

Vonne

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »

We now bring you back to our main presentation:

Is Obama a muslim?  Was he born in Kenya?  Did he kill the Easter Bunny?  Sigh...  Grin
Vonne

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 04:49:26 PM »

damn.  I'm stupid.  I saw that I had screwed up a URL tag and assumed that was what you were referring to.  no, I don't have a link, or even a series of links.  this is my best recollection from following the events as carefully as you can from the lower 48.

Ah, no worries mate, cheers!  I was just a bit curious, if you had one handy at the time.  Smiley
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 04:57:54 PM »

I'm interested to see the outcome of the complaint against her taking a per diem since she chooses to live in her own home versus the governor's mansion. 

A complaint was filed today for Palin's lack of disclosure of gifts she received.  It seems pretty cut and dried the law states that gifts over $150 must be reported within 30 days of receipt and Palin acknowledges that she still has gifts from 2008 that she hasn't reported on. 

and she is still not in prison!  there is obviously no law in Alaska. 

I'm interested in seeing the bug eyed ethics complainants hung upside down for wasting valuable state resources, time, and effort on their own personal self aggrandizement.  what these four or five junior G-men manage to "uncover" simply won't be relevant other than on a handful of looney leftist websites.

the best they are going get is a cross between a clerical error and an oversight in paperwork.  but the "mountain out of a molehill gang" can't control themselves for long enough to realize that just aren't accomplishing anything.  period. 

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 05:04:31 PM »

this should make some people happy, though:

AP: Palin implicated in ethics probe
Independent report raises questions on her use of legal defense fund

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An independent investigator has found evidence that Gov. Sarah Palin may have violated ethics laws by accepting private donations to pay her legal debts.

The report obtained by The Associated Press says Palin is securing unwarranted benefits and receiving improper gifts through the Alaska Fund Trust, set up by supporters.

An investigator for the state Personnel Board says in his July 14 report that there is probable cause to believe Palin used or attempted to use her official position for personal gain because she authorized the creation of the trust as the "official" legal defense fund.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

The fund aims to help Palin pay off debts stemming from multiple ethics complaints against her, most of which have been dismissed. Palin says she owes more than $500,000 in legal fees.

Lilnk

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 05:16:39 PM »

this explains her sudden resignation.  this one will get interesting.

this, by the way, is in a completely different category than those ridiculous ethics complaints made by nobodies.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 05:48:50 PM »

it's worth mentioning that the legal defense fund wouldn't have been necessary in the first place if she wasn't having to defend herself against wearing the wrong parka.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email