[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 01, 2024, 06:01:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teaching opinions  (Read 1406 times)
GeronL

안녕하세요

« on: February 01, 2011, 02:08:22 AM »

My 10th grade niece gets a lot of crappy leftism thrown into her homework. Like last night I noticed a 3-page homework in science where it was basically telling her to go to this website and copy down this fact and so on. It was a pointless exercise, no teaching, no learning.

The whole thing seemed to me to get her to read a passage about how horrible DDT was and then how in the next 50 years we humans are going to kill off 70% of all animal and plant species by our own actions.

That is blatant propaganda.

Is it any wonder we have to look to China and India for scientists and engineers?

안녕하십니까
Vonne

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »

If we don't teach rote memorization, how on earth will we excell on standardized tests?  You don't want to leave any children left behind do you?

Yes, I agree the teaching of critical thinking and analytical skills is certainly lacking in our education system.  It doesn't tend to get any better in college IMO.  My mere associates degree about drove me mad with boredom.  I love learning, but actual learning seems to require either personal drive or an exceptional teacher.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 09:10:09 AM »

the motives of public school teachers are flatly and totally open to suspicion since the NEA became a political organization.  the NEA is more active in choosing political leaders than they are filling young minds with knowledge.  and when they aren't out politicking, they are protecting incompetent teachers, creating politicized curricula, and turning inner city schools into little prison camps where lives are destroyed before the ripe old age of 17.

and when the free market creates a solution to dysfunctional public schools, namely, a blossoming private school industry, the NEA instructs it's servant, the federal government, to crush them.

If we don't teach rote memorization, how on earth will we excell on standardized tests?  You don't want to leave any children left behind do you?

Yes, I agree the teaching of critical thinking and analytical skills is certainly lacking in our education system.  It doesn't tend to get any better in college IMO.  My mere associates degree about drove me mad with boredom.  I love learning, but actual learning seems to require either personal drive or an exceptional teacher.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »

Last week I almost asked this woman in my org. mgmt class if she was retarded.  We were working a example standard linear regression problem, and she didn't understand 1. the order of operations - yes, you do the stuff in parenthesis first and 2. what 4^2 was.  She didn't know what a ****ing "square" was. 

She's older than me, but I was wonder how the **** she got out of elementary school.  Srsly.  There was another woman that didn't understand the order of operations either, but at least she didn't ask "now, what's that 2 there???"

Dumbasses.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 10:46:14 AM »

pretty please, my dear aunt sally?

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 10:50:31 AM »

pretty please, my dear aunt sally?

I don't remember the phrase, but I know how to do algebra.  And this is at a private university.  It annoys the sh*t out of me, the class is only 3 hrs long and we're supposed to go through 2 chapters a night, but we end up spending so much damn time on basic math issues.

Retards, I wish she'd drop out of the class.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email