[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 15, 2024, 07:40:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explain  (Read 665 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: December 15, 2012, 04:38:05 PM »

'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why he is sensitive about being African American

He told Vibe magazine: 'Cause as black folks we're always sensitive. As a black person it's always racial.
Super stars: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington and Jamie spoke to Vibe magazine

Super stars: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington and Jamie spoke to Vibe magazine

'I come into this place to do a photo shoot and they got Ritz crackers and cheese.

'I'll be like, ain't this a b***h. Y'all didn't know black people was coming.'

In the same vein he explained that if he turned up to the photo shoot and there was fried chicken and watermelon, he would also be annoyed at the stereotype.

Jamie also admitted that he feels that he must act and talk in a certain way around white people and in his day-to-day job as an actor.

He told the magazine: 'But the minute I leave my house, I gotta put my other jacket on and say, 'Hey, Thomas, Julian and Greg.' And I gotta be a certain person.

'But when I get home my other homies are like how was your day? Well, I only had to be white for at least eight hours today, [or] I only had to be white for four hours.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2248211/Django-Unchained-star-Jamie-Foxx-explains-sensitive-African-American.html#ixzz2F9uNb3kb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

comment section is worth a read. Such  a talent too. I guess he has no issue with earning some of his money from the white man? What a disappointment this article is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email