[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
March 28, 2024, 04:36:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boehner: No tax cuts for middle class without tax cuts for top two percent  (Read 260 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: November 29, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »

As you know, GOP Rep. Tom Cole made waves today by urging Republicans to give in to the Dem demand that they extend the Bush tax cuts for everyone under $250,000. Cole argued this would remove the leverage Dems have and give the GOP more leverage to fight to extend the high-end tax cuts later, since Dems want the fiscal cliff averted and also want a debt ceiling hike.

Today John Boehner rejected Cole’s suggestion. But in the process, he said something pretty revealing:

“I told Tom earlier in our conference meeting that I disagreed with him,” Boehner told reporters after a closed-door meeting of the House Republican Conference. “He’s a wonderful friend of mine and a great supporter of mine. But raising taxes on the so-called top 2 percent — half of those people are small-business owners that pay their taxes through their personal income tax filing every year. The goal here is to grow the economy and to cut spending.

“We’re not going to grow the economy if we raise tax rates on the top two rates,” the Speaker added. “It’ll hurt small businesses. It’ll hurt our economy. That’s why it’s not the right

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/boehner-no-tax-cuts-for-middle-class-without-tax-cuts-for-top-two-percent/2012/11/28/6ff5c862-3998-11e2-b01f-5f55b193f58f_blog.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email