[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 17, 2024, 02:46:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Axelrod: Biden’s job in debate is to press Ryan on policy specifics  (Read 425 times)
Stan In FL

« on: October 11, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »

if Vice President Dumb Ass tries to go toe-to-toe with ryan, he is going to get obliterated.

Axelrod: Biden’s job in debate is to press Ryan on policy specifics

President Obama's senior political strategist said Thursday that Vice President Biden's job in tonight's debate was to pin down Mitt Romney's running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.) on the ticket's policy specifics.

"I think the big challenge for him is to pin Congressman Ryan down," Axelrod told CBS News on Thursday. "You know, he was on television a couple of weeks ago and he was asked to explain Gov. Romney's tax plan and he said, 'I don't have enough time to explain it. It's too complicated to explain.' He's got 90 minutes tonight. So hopefully he'll have enough time to explain it and explain how they won't explode the budget and put a new burden on the middle class."

Asked if, as Ryan has suggested, the vice president would "come at him like a cannonball," Axelrod said Biden would "hold him to the facts."

"If he thinks he's going to hold him to account for the positions that Gov. Romney has taken in this campaign, their collective record, their approach to issues, well then maybe so," Axelrod said. "But Harry Truman said, 'I don't give them hell, I just tell it like it is and they feel they are in hell.' Maybe Congressman Ryan is feeling the pressure of their own position."

More
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email