[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 10:47:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Says Egypt Neither Ally Nor Enemy  (Read 432 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: September 13, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »

President Obama says the U.S. would no longer consider the Egyptian government an ally, "but we don't consider them an enemy."

In an interview with the Spanish-language network Telemundo, less than 24 hours after violent mobs stormed American diplomatic outposts in Cairo and Benghazi, Libya, Obama said the new Muslim Brotherhood leadership in Egypt was still "trying to find its way."

"They were democratically elected. I think we are going to have to see how they respond to this incident, to see how they respond to maintaining the peace treaty with Israel," he said.

Egyptian security forces were slow to respond to attacks on the U.S. embassy Tuesday night when crowds infiltrated the compound and tore down the U.S. flag. The incident occurred shortly before an attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya left four Americans dead. Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi did not offer a public response to either incident until 24 hours later.

"What we've seen is that in some cases, they've said the right things and taken the right steps. In others, how they've responded to other events may not be aligned with some of our interests, so I think it's still a work in progress," Obama told Telemundo. "But certainly in this situation what we're going to expect is that they are responsive to our insistence that our embassy is protected that our personnel is protected. And if they take actions that indicate they are not taking those responsibilities like all countries do where we have embassies, I think that's going to be a real big problem."

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-egypt-neither-ally-nor-enemy-133302861--abc-news-politics.html

You pile of crap.....they used to be before you gave it to your muzziebro's. Oh don't give them any more cash then if not friend or foe. He is such a liar.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »

The media wants to make this about anything but Obama's failure.

What Would You Do?

How is this for politics. If you commit a blunder and a tragedy ensues and your opponent calls you on it... what should you do?

1. Deflect - Trash your opponent for speaking out of turn? (making up that rule on the fly)

2. Distract - Have your media minions trash your opponent and downplay the tragic events.

3. Demagogue - Wag your finger at your opponent and say he doesn't know what he is talking about and to let you do your job. Especially when he is right and you have no clue.

ANSWER: All 3 of them

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »

Obama Admits He Lost Egypt as American Ally

In a stunning admission a media currently obsessed with manufacturing a gaffe for Romney can hardly bring itself to report, President Obama made a tacit admission yesterday that he has lost Egypt as an American ally:

President Obama says the U.S. would no longer consider the Egyptian government an ally, “but we don’t consider them an enemy.”

In an interview with the Spanish-language network Telemundo, less than 24 hours after violent mobs stormed American diplomatic outposts in Cairo and Benghazi, Libya, Obama said the new Muslim Brotherhood leadership in Egypt was still “trying to find its way.”

“They were democratically elected. I think we are going to have to see how they respond to this incident, to see how they respond to maintaining the peace treaty with Israel,” he said.

This morning, on MSNBC of all places, NBC’s chief foreign correspondent Richard Engel obviously didn’t get the memo about protecting The One throughout this crisis and hammered Obama over losing one of three allies America has in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia and Israel being the other two):

CHUCK TODD: I just want to get your first reaction, before you give me a report, of the President saying Egypt was not an ally or an enemy.

RICAHED ENGEL: Yeah, I almost had to sit down when I heard that.  For the last forty years, the United States has had two main allies in the Middle East — Saudi Arabia and Egypt, the other ally in the Middle East being Israel.  For the President to come out and say, well, he’s not exactly sure if Egypt is an ally any more but it’s not an enemy, that is a significant change in the perspective of Washington toward this country, the biggest country in the Arab world.  It makes one wonder, well, was it worth it?  Was it worth supporting the Arab Spring, supporting the demonstrations here in Tahrir Square, when now in Tahrir Square there are clashes going on behind me right in front of the US embassy?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/13/Obama-Admits-He-Lost-Egypt-As-Ally

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 01:50:22 PM »

White House clarifies Obama’s statement that Egypt is not an ‘ally’

President Barack Obama didn't intend to signal any change in the U.S.-Egypt relationship last night when he said Egypt is not an "ally," the White House told The Cable today.

In an interview with Telemundo Wednesday night, Obama said that the U.S. relationship with the new Egyptian government was a "work in progress," and emphasized that the United States is counting on the government of Egypt to better protect the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, which was attacked by protesters on Sept. 11.

"I don't think that we would consider them an ally, but we don't consider them an enemy," Obama said. "They're a new government that is trying to find its way. They were democratically elected. I think that we are going to have to see how they respond to this incident."

That comment had Egypt watchers scratching their heads, especially since technically, Egypt was designated as a Major Non-NATO Ally in 1989 when Congress first passed the law creating that status, which gives them special privileges in cooperating with the United States, especially in the security and technology areanas.

White House spokesman Tommy Vietor told The Cable Thursday that the administration is not signaling a change in that status.

"I think folks are reading way too much into this," Vietor said. "‘Ally' is a legal term of art. We don't have a mutual defense treaty with Egypt like we do with our NATO allies. But as the president has said, Egypt is longstanding and close partner of the United States, and we have built on that foundation by supporting Egypt's transition to democracy and working with the new government."

Vietor referred to Obama's Wednesday phone call with Mohamed Morsy, during which Obama pressed the Egyptian president to ensure the safety and protection of U.S. personnel and

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/09/13/white_house_clarifies_obama_s_statement_that_egypt_is_not_an_ally
Stan In FL

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »

And all the MSM is wiling to cover is mitt romney's justified criticism of this limp foreign policy.

The whores.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email