[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 15, 2024, 04:25:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama : SCOTUS ruling on campaign financing a "blow to democracy"  (Read 1019 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: January 26, 2010, 08:34:02 PM »

this is the same guy that spent 750 MILLION untraceable dollars getting elected.  this is beyond absurd.  this administration is treating the electorate like they are a bunch of retards.

I am sure that this won't work.  and, in fact, it is already not working.  witness NJ, VA, and MA.

Obama: Ruling a blow to democracy

President Barack Obama used his weekly address Saturday to attack this week’s Supreme Court ruling that the government cannot ban campaign contributions by corporations, saying it is a blow to his efforts to rein in special interests in Washington.

“This ruling strikes at our democracy itself,” Obama said. “This ruling opens the floodgates for an unlimited amount of special interest money into our democracy. It gives the special interest lobbyists new leverage to spend millions on advertising to persuade elected officials to vote their way — or to punish those who don’t.”

Carrying on with his populist-tinged theme of the past two weeks, Obama said, “We don’t need to give any more voice to the powerful interests that already drown out the voices of everyday Americans.”

Obama said the ruling could make it harder to enact a variety of reforms he seeks, from financial regulatory reform, to shutting down off-shore tax shelters, to passing energy legislation, to health reform.

Obama noted that the ruling may even would allow foreign companies to get involved in American elections, and legal analysts have said it appears they could contribute through U.S.-based subsidiaries.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:16:24 AM »

The man is such a hypocrite.  If he had any more of a forked tongue, he might be mistaken for a snake.

I delight in his persona, for he will not change his strips, his inability to be truthful will destroy the Democratic Party brand.  I predict an overwhelming victory for the GOP this coming November.  They will capture one and I believe have a 75& shot of capturing both houses of Congress.

Barry will be able to parrrrteeee every night, for he will be rendered powerless.  I say his handicap in golf will improve at least five strokes, and that will be a good thing for America.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 02:15:04 AM »

this has become a charactieristic play with this administration : the galactic exaggeration.  they can't just disagree with the SCOTUS decision, it is a "blow to democracy".  just like the stimulus wasn't merely important, the country would collapse without it -- TOMORROW.  and just like health care, where we will all get sick and die homeless if we don't cave into his utopian halth care monstrosity.

. . . and they seem to honestly wonder why no one is listeing to them any longer.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email