[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 05:08:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Castro demands U.S. give back Guantanamo, lift embargo  (Read 2930 times)
jafo2010

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 04:05:12 PM »

Yes, and this status that you have defined was the case 10 years ago, 20 years ago....etc.  So maintaining the embargo accomplished what over the last 20 PLUS years?   Ugghh!
Stan In FL

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 10:56:29 PM »

you're actually saying that you're all pissed off about the embargo . . . because it was working perfectly.

pretty freaky stuff right there.
jafo2010

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 11:51:00 PM »

I'm not saying that at all.

My point is what is to be gained by bringing a nation to its knees for decades?  What is the point?  It is not bringing change.  And WHY just Cuba?

Again, our policy with China, Vietnam, and a dozen other totalitarian nations is such that we have relations, and in fact, some of them are our leading trading partners.  So, why continue with the embargo with Cuba?  Why?  What does it serve?

You have yet to answer that.  There is a cost to the people of Cuba, but there is a major cost here too.  First, we accept an unlimited quantity of Cubans to our shores.  Castro at one point unloaded his criminal population upon us, and we accepted them into the USA.  The cost of an endless flood of Cubans has been in the billions every year, more than the Cuban national budget I am sure.

Plus, there is the loss of commerce for our own businesses with this idiotic policy.  Canada has been the beneficiary of much of that.  And you know how much I love Canada.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email