[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 17, 2024, 02:10:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Violent Acts Not Caused By Mental Disorders, Experts Say  (Read 1148 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: January 23, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »

who the hell are the "experts"?  whoever they are, they are trying to prove a squishy, PC, and ultimately silly point;  "you're okay, I'm okay, and the mentally ill aren't bad people.  kumbaya".

that's hardly the point.  this is about public safety, not public health.  no one is suggesting that we put all of the unbalanced people in camps, but insisting that there is no relationship between being emotionally unbalanced and going and a shooting spree is stupid and dangerous.  and it flies in the face of observable reality.

Violent Acts Not Caused By Mental Disorders, Experts Say

As a lot of the media has been discussing issues of mental health lately, largely due to the shooting spree by Jared Loughner, many experts have spoken out about various aspects of mental illness and the individuals who may be affected with some type of mental disorder.

While no official reports have released the mental state of Jared Loughner, discussions of mental illness are largely speculation. However, some mental health experts claim that individuals who have mental health disorders are no more likely than people who do not have a disorder to commit acts of violence.

The National Institute of Mental Health has released statistics claiming 25 percent of individuals over the age of 18 experience symptoms that could be classified in some type of mental disorder.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »

I guess this means we can execute them after all??

Probably was not their intention. lol.

안녕하십니까
Stan In FL

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »

this guy is bonkers.  the ft hood shooter was bonkers.  hell, I don't remember a shooting spree in the past few years that wasn't caused by mental disorder.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 03:55:08 PM »

this guy is bonkers.  the ft hood shooter was bonkers.  hell, I don't remember a shooting spree in the past few years that wasn't caused by mental disorder.

The Ft Hood guy had the words 'Soldier of Allah' on his business cards, the military apparently knew all about his religious zeal.

안녕하십니까
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »

I guess this means we can execute them after all??

Probably was not their intention. lol.
LOL! Good one!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email