[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 15, 2024, 09:17:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRANSCRIPT: Secretary of State John Kerry Reveals New Details on U.S. Involvemen  (Read 302 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: March 05, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »

TRANSCRIPT: Secretary of State John Kerry Reveals New Details on U.S. Involvement in Syria Conflict in Fox News Interview

ROSEN: Two quick questions on Benghazi, sir, if you would. First: Why have we not heard from any of the Benghazi survivors?

KERRY: [Pause] Well, I – I mean, I can’t tell you the answer to that. I can tell you that I have visited with one of the survivors at Bethesda hospital, who is a remarkably courageous person, who is doing very, very well. And I’ve called his wife and talked to her.

ROSEN: Will we hear from them?

KERRY: I can’t tell you – I don’t know what the circumstances are of any requests to talk to them or not. But let me just say about Benghazi: Benghazi was a tragedy that I felt as a senator and I feel even more now as secretary. And I’m just finish –

ROSEN: They’re already wrapping me here, so I’ve got to be very quick; I’m so sorry.

KERRY: Oh, I’m sorry. But let me just say: the key here is that we are implementing the lessons that we learned from Benghazi, and that’s the key.

ROSEN: President Obama vowed that the perpetrators of those attacks would be brought to justice. As you know, any law enforcement or counter-terrorism officer would tell you: the longer the passage of time after the given event, the less likely it is that you will bring the perpetrators to justice. It’s been six months. Will we see justice brought to those perpetrators, and isn’t the passage of time making that more and more unlikely?

KERRY: James, I hope we will. And I know the president is committed to try to do so. And I have personally talked to the FBI director to get a brief on exactly where we stand in that process.

ROSEN: What did he tell you?

KERRY: He told me – literally on the eve of his departure to go to Tripoli, in order to talk with people – that they are doing everything they can within the FBI to conduct their investigation and to lay the groundwork in order to be able to bring justice. That effort continues –

ROSEN: We’re six months – we’re six months out.

KERRY: Justice sometimes takes a while when you operate by high standards and when you need the levels of evidence that we do. But we are working at it and we will continue to work at it.

ROSEN: We are almost ten years to the day since the launching of the Iraq War. Do you still regard that as a mistake?

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/03/05/transcript-fox-news-james-rosen-sits-down-with-secretary-of-state-john-kerry-for-one-on-one-interview/#more-104739
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email