[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 09:17:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Brown to vote yes on financial reform  (Read 885 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: July 12, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »

disappointing;  it will pass if he votes "yes".  this bill gives the federal government a great deal of power that it doesn't need, and doesn't fix the root of the problem.  and it doesn't touch fannie or freddie, the first dominoes in this avalanche of agony.

Scott Brown to vote 'yes' on financial reform

I've spent the past week reviewing the Wall Street reform bill. I appreciate the efforts to improve the bill, especially the removal of the $19 billion bank tax. As a result, it is a better bill than it was when this whole process started. While it isn't perfect, I expect to support the bill when it comes up for a vote. It includes safeguards to help prevent another financial meltdown, ensures that consumers are protected, and it is paid for without new taxes. That doesn't mean our work is done. Further reforms are still needed to address the government's role in the financial crisis, including significant changes to the way Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac operate."

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:58:32 PM »

Bottomline, unless we have a re-enactment of the Glass Steagall Act, this country is financially doomed.  When banks get their hands on insurance and investment money, the whole house of cards is likely to collapse and destroy everything.  Banking corruption requires bailout every 40-45 years, and now we will take the insurance and investment with us.

IS IT POSSIBLE WE COULD BE MORE SELF DESTRUCTIVE AS A NATION?  I DOUBT IT!!!!!!!!!

AGAIN!!!   Do not return anyone to Congress and send a message to both parties!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 04:38:01 PM »

way to go, senators brown, collins, and snowe.   the latest comprehensive-reform-bill-that-no-one-has-a-clue-what's-in-it just passed, and the country has you to thank for it.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 07:59:45 PM »

obama's comments after passage of the bill that attempts to eradicate wall street :

"The American people will never again be asked to foot the bill for Wall Street's mistakes," Obama said moments after stepping off Marine One on the White House lawn. "From now on, every American will be empowered with the clear and concise information you need to make financial decisions that are best for you."

sound familiar?  does it sound anything like :

"That is why I have pledged that I will not sign health insurance reform that adds even one dime to our deficit over the next decade. And I mean it."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email