[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 06:13:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Jon Huntsman to withdraw from GOP race, campaign spokesman confir  (Read 664 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: January 15, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Jon Huntsman to withdraw from GOP race, campaign spokesman confirms

banner only.................

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »

Huntsman to withdraw from race for Republican presidential nomination
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/15/huntsman-to-withdraw-from-race-for-republican-presidential-nomination/

DEVELOPING -- Jon Huntsman will withdraw Monday from the race for the Republican presidential nomination.

Campaign officials tell The Associated Press Huntsman will endorse Mitt Romney at an event in South Carolina on Monday morning.

The former Utah governor placed third in last week's New Hampshire primary despite devoting much of his campaign resources to the state. He had already acknowledged that expectations for him in South Carolina's primary this week will be "very low."
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:05:53 PM »

Huntsman to Drop Out of GOP Race; Will Endorse Romney
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/huntsman-to-drop-out-of-gop-race/

Jon Huntsman will drop out of the Republican presidential race  on Monday, a campaign spokesman told ABC News.

Huntsman spokesman Tim Miller said the former ambassador to China and Utah Governor was “proud of the race that he ran” but “did not want to stand in the way” of rival Mitt Romney, the current front-runner for the Republican nomination.

Huntsman plans to endorse Romney at an 11 a.m. press conference Monday in Myrtle Beach, SC.

After a disappointing third place finish in New Hampshire – a contest on which he had staked his candidacy – Huntsman vowed to fight on. In his concession speech in New Hampshire, he told his supporters:  “I say third place is a ticket to ride, ladies and gentleman! Hello, South Carolina!”

But just six days from the South Carolina primary, Huntsman has said goodbye to the Palmetto state after all.

A Huntsman aide tells ABC News that the decision came in the wake of the results in the New Hampshire primary.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:16:09 PM »

Endorsing Romney doesn't guarantee that his supporters will vote for him.   Huntsman voters were part of the anti-romney vote.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »

I liked Huntsman. Sad

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Vonne

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »

I liked Huntsman. Sad

I did too, although I don't think he ever stood a chance.  He also has to have been one of the few candidates that I think a lot of people could relate too. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email