[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 12:49:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly - Sigh...  (Read 2432 times)
Vonne

« on: August 09, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTPsFIsxM3w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTPsFIsxM3w</a>

Perhaps the saddest thing in this whole ordeal is that in many over seas eyes, O'Reilly represents American Conservatism.  Which just makes us look idiotic  Sad
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:25:07 PM by Vonne » Logged
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »

I liked bill o'reilly a great deal when his show first appeared.  but when he hit it big in the ratings, he became unbearable.  he can't go 5 minutes without talking about himself, and he relates every issue, discussion, and segment back to him.  it truly is all about him.

and I'm not sure he is a conservative.  his "looking out for the folks" shtick, aside from patronizing and annoying, comes off as oddly populist.  I don't think there is such a thing as a populist conservative.  I think you would just call that person "confused".

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 01:41:20 PM »

I liked bill o'reilly a great deal when his show first appeared.  but when he hit it big in the ratings, he became unbearable.  he can't go 5 minutes without talking about himself, and he relates every issue, discussion, and segment back to him.  it truly is all about him.

and I'm not sure he is a conservative.  his "looking out for the folks" shtick, aside from patronizing and annoying, comes off as oddly populist.  I don't think there is such a thing as a populist conservative.  I think you would just call that person "confused".

I used to not mind watching Bill.  I even went to an event where he was speaking in Dallas and got a book autographed.  Then it was about a year or so later I completely stopped watching him.  

Edited to add:  This was pre-2004 Presidential election.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Vonne

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 06:06:31 PM »

and I'm not sure he is a conservative.  his "looking out for the folks" shtick, aside from patronizing and annoying, comes off as oddly populist.  I don't think there is such a thing as a populist conservative.  I think you would just call that person "confused".

I think he labels himself a "traditionalist" rather than a "conservative".  Clearly, he shares no kinship with many conservatives.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »

I think he labels himself a "traditionalist" rather than a "conservative".  Clearly, he shares no kinship with many conservatives.

he calls himself a traditionalist?  yikes.  than he's even more disoriented than I thought.  "traditionalist" is a term more appropriately used to describe one's religious views than their political philosophy.  and while I fully realize that there is linkage between the two, I wouldn't have drug the term into a conversation of political beliefs.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email