[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 04:48:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jim Rogers: 'We're Overdue' for Big Drop in Stock Market Read Latest....  (Read 695 times)
jafo2010

« on: June 26, 2015, 02:35:50 PM »

Rogers speaks, you should listen.  He is one of the few that generally gets it right.

The stock market is headed for a major slide, as the Federal Reserve begins to curtail its massive easing program, says star investor Jim Rogers, chairman of Rogers Holdings.

The S&P 500 index stood at 2,113 Thursday morning, 1 percent below its record high.

"This is the first time in recorded history that all the major world?s central banks are printing staggering amounts of money," Rogers told MarketWatch.

"Now the world has this huge artificial ocean of liquidity. The people getting the money are having a wonderful time. But when it ends, it will be very nasty. The idea that the solution to too much debt is more debt is mind-boggling."

The economy has been in recovery mode since June 2009, and the S&P 500 has tripled since March 2009. But, "we have had economic slowdowns every four to seven years since the beginning of the Republic," Rogers said.

"We?re overdue for another problem. When this artificial sea of liquidity ends, we?re going to pay a terrible price."

Not everyone is bearish on stocks. Indeed Thomas Lee, founder of Fundstrat Global Advisors, has been bullish for months.

And Greece's debt crisis, which he calls a "sideshow," hasn't changed his mind. "Greece isn't the systemic risk that it was three years ago," he told CNBC. "Focus on U.S. fundamentals, which have been really good."

While the economy shrank 0.2 percent in the first quarter, economists surveyed by Bloomberg anticipate growth of 2.5 percent for this quarter.

"I know people are fearful about rising rates and Fed tightening and what it means," Lee said. "But at the end of the day, we're actually seeing reflation ? the good kind of rising prices in the U.S. I think it's bullish for capital spending and bullish for housing."

Consumer prices rose 0.4 percent last month, though they were unchanged for the 12 months through May. The Fed has indicated that it's likely to boost interest rates later this year.

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/Rogers-drop-stock-market/2015/06/25/id/652250/?ns_mail_uid=27638387&ns_mail_job=1625733_06262015&s=al&dkt_nbr=3fd6eahb
Stan In FL

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 02:47:44 PM »

did it ever hit 20k?   Grin
jafo2010

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »

Not sure the nature of the question.  It was Harry Dent that predicted the NYDJ would hit 30,000 by 2009.  But then we had Bush as president, and that idiot pretty much screwed up that entire decade.  We owe Bush for getting Obama too. 
Stan In FL

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:23:34 AM »

count your blessings.  we could have had al gore on 9/11.  the bush bashers never consider the only option that we had;  presidential elections are binary.
jafo2010

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 05:42:15 PM »

Comparing one POS against another is no comfort.  Simply put, the GOP needs to field better people.  Bush was a pathetic president, and I put him at the top of my worst presidents ever, until Obama came along.

This time around, the GOP has a number of great candidates.  I think Kasich would make an excellent president.  Walker too.  Perry is a puppet for the Bildeburgers, so I do not care for him.

I like Cruz too, but he would never get elected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email