[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 06:50:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ex-CIA director defends rectal rehydration  (Read 353 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: December 12, 2014, 11:54:34 AM »

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/226883-ex-cia-director-defends-rectal-rehydration

Former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden on Thursday defended revelations from Senate Intelligence Committee Democrats that the agency used rectal rehydration on detainees.

?These were medical procedures,? Hayden said during a tense interview on CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper." He added that the method was used because detainees were dehydrated, and that giving them intravenous fluids with needles would be dangerous.

ADVERTISEMENT
?I?m not a doctor,? he said. ?What I am told is that this is one of the ways that the body is rehydrated.?

The Intelligence Committee report, released Tuesday, detailed a slew of abuses by CIA interrogators on prisoners, including one that involved detainees' food being blended and ?rectally infused.? The report says the practice was used on at least five detainees, including two of the most infamous, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah.

There?s been debate over the force-feeding of detainees at the Guant?namo Bay detention center in Cuba. But those detainees are sometimes fed through a tube that enters the nose and goes down the throat.
Stan In FL

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »

the CIA could have rectally rehydrated those terrorist bastards with a firehouse, and I would be totally fine with that.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »

the CIA could have rectally rehydrated those terrorist bastards with a firehouse, and I would be totally fine with that.
  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email