[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 06:20:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thousands awaiting homes pose challenge for Chavez  (Read 877 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: February 27, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=14150192

His success or failure is likely to affect support for his 2012 re-election bid. His new focus on housing is also allowing Chavez to return to one of his time-tested political strategies: creating expectations among the poor to energize his base, just as problems from 28-percent inflation to violent crime have been taking a toll on his popularity.

Dozens of shelters in Caracas have been hurriedly set up in an abandoned downtown high-rise, a former auto dealership, government office buildings and a newly-built shopping mall that was expropriated by the government before it opened for business. In a symbolic gesture, Chavez opened up some areas of his presidential palace for disaster victims. He has also promised that if re-elected, he will build 2 million homes in the next six years.

"You can rest assured that we will achieve the goal of giving a decent home to every Venezuelan family," Chavez said in a televised speech earlier this month.
So Chavez is up for re-dictatorship?
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=14150192
 So Chavez is up for re-dictatorship?

I thought he changed their Constitution so that he could be "elected" to another term. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 05:23:06 PM »

I thought he changed their Constitution so that he could be "elected" to another term. 
I call it a dictatorship. I guess it could be called a election.
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »

Cuba has one-party "elections".

That does not make them democratic

안녕하십니까
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email