[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
June 16, 2024, 07:05:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justice Department Suit Against Arizona Imminent, Official Says  (Read 807 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: July 06, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »

so, the same justice department that is investigating BP and suing Arizona has the sole responsibility for convicting terrorists.  it certainly seems like the are vastly dissimilar things. maybe if we put the CEO of BP and the terrorists in arizona, then the dolts at DoJ could focus a little bit.

although investigating voter intimidation by the black panthers is apparently out of the question.

Justice Department Suit Against Arizona Imminent, Official Says

The Justice Department could file a lawsuit challenging Arizona's immigration law as early as Tuesday, an official tells Fox News.

The potential court action comes just days after President Obama delivered a speech calling on Congress
to tackle a comprehensive overhaul of the nation's immigration system. In the speech, he criticized Arizona's law and warned that national legislation is needed to prevent other states from following suit.

The president did not mention the lawsuit, but one was widely expected. After the administration initially said it would take the law under review, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton revealed last month in an interview with a foreign television network that the administration intended to challenge the Arizona policy. The Justice Department would do so on the grounds that federal responsibility for border enforcement preempts any state law on the issue.

The Arizona law, passed in April and set to go into effect at the end of July, makes illegal immigration a state crime and requires local law enforcement to question anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant on their residency status.

Obama and other top officials have criticized the law as misguided, while Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has slammed the administration for pursuing a lawsuit. She claims the administration has not done enough to secure the border -- a charge the administration denies.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 01:52:58 PM »

and the feds will file the inevitable injunction.  unsurprising.  preemption is the most solid ground upon which to challenge the Az law, but there are scads and scads of instances where state and federal laws overlap.  the point is that I don't think the Az law supercedes, prevents, or inhibits federal law from being enforced.

The Justice Department has decided to file suit against Arizona on grounds that the state's new immigration law illegally intrudes on federal prerogatives and will seek a preliminary injunction to stop the legislation from taking effect, law enforcement sources said Tuesday.

The lawsuit, which three sources said could be filed as early as Tuesday, will invoke for its main argument the legal doctrine of "preemption," which is based on the Constitution's supremacy clause and says that federal law trumps state statutes. Justice Department officials believe that enforcing immigration laws is a federal responsibility, the sources said.

More

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:39:18 AM »

if the Az law is an unbearable intrusion upon exclusive federal authority, then why have "sanctuary cities", where local authorities outright refuse to enforce federal immigration law, been tolerated for years?  a reporter hit robert gibbs between the eyes with that question yesterday.  his answer was, "let me get back to you".  his body english said, "holy crap.  we're toast".

jafo2010

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »

The federal government's effort to challenge versus support the state of Arizona is proof positive this country no longer belongs to the PEOPLE of the USA.

Maybe there is something to the notion of the Bilderburger approach to world dominance, and the activity we are witnessing is nothing more than the manifestation of the unification of North America.  That would explain why the leaders for two decades in the USA have done NOTHING to address and try and end ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

I cannot state any more succinctly than the people that represent us in Congress, they ALL HAVE TO BE VOTED OUT OF OFFICE IF THEY ARE NOT IN FAVOR OF TERM LIMITS AND THE END OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Also, the USA is being invaded LEGALLY by TENS if not HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of MUSLIMS from Asian and African countries via the Diversity Visa Program, better known as the Green Card Lottery.  There is a disproportionate number of Muslims coming in via this program, roughly 80%+++ of those coming.  I do not see the D-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y in allowing hundreds of thousands of Muslims into the USA when we are actively at war with them.  I liken this invasion to bringing hundreds of thousands of Germans or Japanese to the USA between 12/41 and 8/45.  Can you believe, I had a young reporter working for me say she did not see anything wrong with that.  [As an aside, exactly WHAT are they teaching these days....clearly NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

While 50,000 names get pulled to come, they bring their families too.

It is time we get smart, that we truly restrict WHO comes to America, and for what.

END ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION NOW.  It can be done quickly and without much cost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email