[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 08:31:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Energy Department Defends Loan to Company Building Electric Cars in Finland  (Read 1459 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: October 21, 2011, 11:32:44 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/21/energy-department-defends-loan-to-company-building-electric-cars-in-finland/

The Department of Energy is standing by a $529 million loan guarantee to a company building an electric car line in Finland.

A department official, in a lengthy response posted on a government blog Thursday night, confirmed that the company Fisker is assembling its Karma electric car at its "overseas facility."

The response comes after ABC News reported that the Obama administration gave the green light for the company to move the manufacturing to Finland two years after announcing the loan.

But Energy Department spokesman Dan Leistikow said none of the U.S. loan money contributed to the production work in Finland.

"The Department's funding was only used for the U.S. operations," Energy Department spokesman Dan Leistikow wrote. "The money could not be, and was not, spent on overseas operations. The Karma also relies on an extensive network of hundreds of suppliers in more than a dozen U.S. states."

He said the first part of the loan, $169 million, supported engineering work at Fisker's U.S. facilities as the company "developed the tools, equipment and manufacturing processes for Fisker's first vehicle" -- though that work so far has not contributed to a production line in the U.S.

But Leistikow said the rest of the loan is still supporting U.S. production of another vehicle line called the Nina, though production has been delayed because of regulatory issues.

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:04:53 PM »

Al Gore owns a lot of stock in that company.

Again, why is this government propping up failing business models?? That leads to malinvestment and all kinds of other problems. In the private sector this money would be invested in things that would more likely be successful than if government decides.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »

tax breaks -- the amount of theft by income tax that the government neglects to steal -- to oil companies are immoral.  literally giving taxpayer dollars to businesses that sucked so badly that they couldn't attract venture capital is virtuous, smart business, and our economic salvation.

and the obamites think we are too stupid to see through this . . . .

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »

THE GOVERNMENT GIVING MONEY TO ANY BUSINESS MAKES NO SENSE.  I SAY END ALL DOLLARS FLOWING OVERSEAS RIGHT F***ING. NOW!
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 04:11:02 PM »

All federal funds shall be spent only on the federal government.  No businesses, no "non-profit" (leftist) groups, no grants or "loans" to businesses.

How about that idea?

안녕하십니까
jafo2010

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »

Ok with me...when you running for public office?
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »

I'm not sure what "spent only on the federal government" means.  if the pentagon buys an aircraft carrier, does that qualify?

All federal funds shall be spent only on the federal government.  No businesses, no "non-profit" (leftist) groups, no grants or "loans" to businesses.

How about that idea?

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 08:28:06 PM »

I'm not sure what "spent only on the federal government" means.  if the pentagon buys an aircraft carrier, does that qualify?

I think that is obviously a government item.

Is Planned Parenthood part of the government? Is Pacifica Radio? Is the Open Society Institute? Why should the taxpayers fund these things?

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »

well, the money that government pays for an aircraft carrier is paid to a corporation.  that was my only point.

no, no, and no

I think that is obviously a government item.

Is Planned Parenthood part of the government? Is Pacifica Radio? Is the Open Society Institute? Why should the taxpayers fund these things?

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 08:39:30 PM »

well, the money that government pays for an aircraft carrier is paid to a corporation.  that was my only point.

no, no, and no

The federal government would fund the federal government. The states and cities would fund their own operations. No more money from one to the other in order to confuse the taxpayers and voters into thinking good things are happening and to benefit certain voter groups.

안녕하십니까
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »

ok.  now I fully understand your point.  I wasn't trying to be a dick.  I sincerely didn't understand.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email