[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 05:11:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White House warns media on North Korea  (Read 282 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: April 09, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »

“It is interesting that the White House would be dismissing it, because what you’ve got is an imminent action by the North Koreans, which violates their U.N. security council obligations,” Evans Revere, a former principal deputy assistant secretary for East Asian and Pacific affairs in the George W. Bush administration, told me.

Revere, who met with North Korean leaders as recently as February, says the launch also violates an agreement established between the United States and North Korea, and shows North Korea is serious about refining its intercontinental ballistic missile capability.

“I’m not suggesting we should panic, I’m not suggesting the end of the world is near. But it is an important event,” Revere said.

Vietor disagrees: “This is just a rerun of a bad propaganda film that we’ve seen before,” he said.

UPDATE: Vietor emails some of President Obama's remarks from his recent trip to Korea, emphasizing that the administration takes the launch seriously:

We discussed regional security, and that obviously includes the issue of North Korea.  Last month, North Korea agreed to a series of steps, including a moratorium on long-range missile launches. This month, North Korea announced its intention to conduct a missile launch.  As President Lee mentioned, this would constitute a direct violation of Pyongyang’s own commitments and its international obligations.  Moreover, it would only deepen North Korea’s isolation, damage further its relations with its neighbors, and seriously undermine the prospect of future negotiations.                       

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/04/white-house-warns-media-on-north-korea-119998.html

Let me get this straight......instead of warning NK he is warning his fawning press? 
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 04:03:55 PM »

The AP reissues NK propaganda as news. Did you hear about that deal? These things end up on Yahoo News, its insane.

Why would they need to warn our commie press?

안녕하십니까
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email