[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 11:45:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White House draft bill would put DHS in charge of civilian computer networks  (Read 683 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: April 15, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/156293-white-house-draft-bill-would-put-dhs-in-charge-of-civilian-networks

But the legislation also goes beyond the Homeland Security bill by giving DHS authority over .gov domains that is similar to the authority enjoyed by U.S. CyberCommand, the military's cybersecurity unit, over the .gov domain.

The bill would put DHS in charge of enforcing the Federal Information Security Management Act instead of the Office of Management and Budget, which currently oversees the law. The bill would give DHS the authority to hire four senior level cyber executives and create a scholarship program for students interested in pursuing cybersecurity.
The 100-page document is currently under review; DHS sent it to agencies last Friday and is expecting comments Monday. White House officials indicated at a hearing this week that the administration is currently finalizing a series of draft cybersecurity proposals.

A committee spokesperson told FedNewsRadio that the Senate Commerce and Homeland Security Committees settled their turf battle over cybersecurity last month after being mired in a standoff since last August. Lieberman said if the White House bill aligns with his committee's effort, he expects to see a bill passed by the Senate before the end of the year.
I see a day when I will be permanently offline if this happens.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »

I am sure george bush now regrets creating the department of homeland defense.  it seemed link a good idea until the people that believe that government is a force for good (even if the have to force that force for good down our throats) gained control.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »

I have always diliked the term...."homeland" sounds so Hilter/commie like.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 07:50:48 PM »

it sounded good after 9/11.  but, yeah, I have always sort of thought the same thing.

I have always diliked the term...."homeland" sounds so Hilter/commie like.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
natstew

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:51:17 PM »

Is he doing it by, "Executive Order"?

It's time for a battle all the way to the Supreme Court over this, "Executive Order" crap. I don't see in the Constitution, including the Amendments where the President is granted authority by the people to Govern by Executive Order. As C in C of the military he can issue executive orders to them, but they are sworn to uphold the Constitution, not the President, so if he issues an Unconstitutional order they should refuse to obey it at the Pentagon, that's where his orders go by "chain of command".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email