[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 01:10:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: War on Fox: Bill O'Reilly vs George Will  (Read 926 times)
jafo2010

« on: November 06, 2015, 10:00:16 PM »

Bill O'Reilly is a sanctimonious poop.  He claims to be a historian with his books, and I suspect the voracity of his books.  In Killing Kennedy, he continues to promote the myth that Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy.  The notion is ludicrous, and there is plenty of evidence to refute that claim.  I would not trust anything Bill O'Reilly publishes.

Along comes George Will, and he claims O'Reilly slanders Ronald Reagan in his book Killing Reagan.  Not sure what the truth is, but it is time for someone to challenge the sanctimonious O'Reilly, who spins like a top in his No Spin Zone.

Whatever O'Reilly once had, he has lost it.  Time to retire Bill!

If O'Reilly said it once, he said it multiple times that Will is a hack.  Weighing both men, I am afraid Bill O'Reilly would earn that descriptor long before George Will.

O'Reilly:  George Will says I, your humble correspondent, has slandered Ronald Reagan.  I say Mr. Will has libeled me.  He will be here.  [before break]

Wrote a column entitled Bill O'Reilly slanders Ronald Reagan.  After reading the column, I can say with certainty, George Will libels Bill O'Reilly.  You write that my book is a no facts zone.  Let's talk about the facts.

We have it in writing you were supposed to call me, and you did not call me.  By writing a provocative column like this you had an obligation as a journalist to do that.

Will:  Would not be the first time you had something wrong.

O'Reilly:  You are not telling the truth.  You are actively misleading the American people, you are lying.

Will:  You are something of an expert on actively misleading people.

O'Reilly:  You are lying.

Will:  You who began this interview by saying I had a moral obligation to call you before writing about your book, wrote a book without feeling any obligation to talk to Ed Meese, George Shultz, Jim Baker, any of the other people who could refute the thesis.

O'Reilly:  And why did I not talk to them?

Will:  Because they would have refuted the flimsy thesis you have.

O'Reilly:  No.  Because they have skin in the game.  We don't talk to people when we are  writing our books.  

Will:  You may not, but they have knowledge of the game.

O'Reilly:  They have skin in the game, emotion in the game, spin in the game.  We do not talk to anybody who is derogatory to the Reagan, or anybody who is laudatory.  We do our own investigation.....

O'Reilly: Killing Reagan is a laudatory book toward Ronald Reagan, and you didn't even mention that.

Will:  It is not a laudatory book.

O'Reilly:  It is a laudatory book, or you can't read.

Will:  It is doing the work of the left, which knows in order to discredit conservatism, it must destroy Reagan's reputation as president.  Your book does the work of the American left with it's extreme recklessness. And when you finally got around after the book's publication to scheduling an interview with Ed Meese, you then canceled it saying you were.....

I don't understand how you vet a memo you have never seen.

O'Reilly: Look, here's the deal.  That memo was written.  That meeting took place.  All of what we write in Killing Reagan is true.  You are a hack, you are in with the cabal of Reagan loyalists who don't want the truth to be told.  Killing Reagan is a laudatory book.  It praises Ronald Reagan.

They tried to get the book killed even before it was published.  And you played right into their hands.

Will:  That by the way is a lie.  That by the way is a lie.

O'Reilly:  That isn't a lie, and we can prove it.  And you are a hack!  Bye.

Will:  Do so, do so Mr. O'Reilly.

O'Reilly:  Bye [with a hand wave to dismiss George Will]

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:04:06 PM by jafo2010 » Logged
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 11:31:31 AM »

I was able to hear this interview. I still don't know why O'Rielly gets the ratings he does.
jafo2010

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 12:18:23 PM »

I think part of it is the time slot.  At 8PM eastern, many people have finished dinner, have set their kids to homework or to bed, and they sit down and relax for the day.  8PM is the beginning of prime time for a reason.

Sadly, O'Reilly will only go when he is ready to retire.  Like Ted Koppel.  I used to like Koppel when he was first on, but he too got an ego bigger than the known universe, just like O'Reilly.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 12:28:19 PM »

I think part of it is the time slot.  At 8PM eastern, many people have finished dinner, have set their kids to homework or to bed, and they sit down and relax for the day.  8PM is the beginning of prime time for a reason.

Sadly, O'Reilly will only go when he is ready to retire.  Like Ted Koppel.  I used to like Koppel when he was first on, but he too got an ego bigger than the known universe, just like O'Reilly.
Good gwad......... relax and watch him?Huh??  YUCK!  Hey Jafo did you notice this bit from this interview....

when we are  writing our books
  doesn't he claim he writes his books?
jafo2010

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 01:02:27 PM »

Dugard is the writer.  O'Reilly is merely the name in big lights.
Stan In FL

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 03:49:34 PM »

BOR is absurd.  he will every minute of every show "analyzing" the dust up with sycophants and yes men, who will all tell him how awesome he is and how his crappy books are hsotorical masterpieces.
jafo2010

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »

Yes, I agree.  And George Will speaking up highlights perhaps for the first time in public someone who is not licking O'Reilly's shoes.  Clearly trouble in the Fox paradise.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email