[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 24, 2024, 06:41:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Handcuffed for Making Clock, Ahmed Mohamed, 14, Wins Time With Obama  (Read 2226 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: September 17, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »

HOUSTON ? Ahmed Mohamed?s homemade alarm clock got him suspended from his suburban Dallas high school and detained and handcuffed by police officers on Monday after school officials accused him of making a fake bomb. By Wednesday, it had brought him an invitation to the White House, support from Hillary Rodham Clinton and Mark Zuckerberg, and a moment of head-spinning attention as questions arose whether he had been targeted because of his name and his religion.

As a result, a 14-year-old freshman at MacArthur High School in Irving, Tex., who is partial to tinkering, technology and NASA T-shirts and wants to go to M.I.T., found himself in a social media whirlwind that reflected the nation?s charged debates on Islam, immigration and ethnicity.

?Cool clock, Ahmed,? President Obama said on Twitter. ?Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It?s what makes America great.? Mr. Obama?s staff invited Ahmed to the White House for Astronomy Night on Oct. 19, an event bringing together scientists, engineers, astronauts, teachers and students to spend a night stargazing from the South Lawn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/us/texas-student-is-under-police-investigation-for-building-a-clock.html?_r=0

Ahhh, a suitcase clock.  :Smiley
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 12:50:03 PM »

Briefcase Clock Maker Ahmed Mohamed Is Son of Muslim Activist ' UPDATE: Kid admits forethought ' knew it was going to be "suspicious".....

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/09/18/briefcase-clock-maker-ahmed-mohamed-is-son-of-muslim-activist/

As many people thoroughly anticipated the back-story to the 14-year-old briefcase clockmaker reflects his father is actually a rather controversial Muslim activist.  This lends further credence toward a reasonable belief that his taking a briefcase clock to school was not as innocent as the media would lead everyone to believe.

update-1UPDATE:  In his own words Ahmed Mohamed, 14, an Irving MacArthur High student essentially states he knew taking the device to school was controversial.  Listen at 1:26 video:

Also this youtube video of the Bill Maher show. Mark Cuban says he was told the kid went teacher to teacher until he got this result.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGit-XltUB4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGit-XltUB4</a>
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »

Irving Mayor: Ahmed Mohamed?s Family Blocking Release of Records; Obama Tweeted Support Even Before ?Clock? Pic Released

http://townhall.com/columnists/kyleshideler/2015/09/22/irving-mayor-ahmed-mohameds-family-blocking-release-of-records-obama-tweeted-support-even-before-clock-pic-released-n2055545/print

Last night, Irving Texas Mayor Beth Van Duyne revealed that the family of Ahmed Mohammed has repeatedly refused to meet with city officials, refused to released records exonerating police conduct, and that President Obama had tweeted about the case even before pictures of the so-called ?clock? were publicly available.

Appearing on Glenn Beck?s The Blaze TV, Van Duyne noted how reporting on the interaction between Mohammed and police had been remarkably one-sided, in part because the Mohammed family refused to release records noting:

?As a juvenile, they can not release those records. The school district, a number of times, has asked the family, to release the records, so that you can have the balanced story out there. The family is ignoring the request from the ISD.?

Van Duyne told Beck it would ?help to describe why it progressed as it did? if the records were available. ?Nobody is going to walk in and say, ?oh you?re a 14-year old child, you?re totally cooperating, we have all the answers we need, let?s arrest you,?? Van Duyne added.

A spokesperson for the Irving Police Department has said there have been multiple open records requests for the full police reporting, but that those requests remained in the hands of the city?s legal advisor. The available police report describes the event only as, ??Arrestee being in possession of a hoax bomb at MacArthur High School.?

Van Duyne said that according to the information she had seen, Mohammed had been ?non-responsive? and ?passive aggressive? in response to questions from police officers.

The refusal to amiably resolve the situation continued as the family rushed to bring Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) representatives into the case, and repeatedly cancelled meetings with the school district and city officials before finally speaking to the media.

?We had tried to reach out to the family a number of times; this was before it ever even hit the papers on Wednesday,? Van Duyne said pointing out that the family repeatedly canceled attempts to discuss the matter.

?At the exact same time they were supposed to be meeting with us, they were on their front lawn with a press conference,? she said.

Van Duyne also pointed out that President Obama, like many others, had rushed to judgment before the facts in the case had become available.

?We never even got a call from anybody at the White House asking to verify any of that information. I don?t think the picture of the hoax bomb was even released before he tweeted ?cool clock kid.?? Van Duyne said.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 12:36:39 PM »

Family: Ahmed withdraws from Irving ISD, eyes trips to United Nations and Mecca

http://irvingblog.dallasnews.com/2015/09/family-ahmed-withdraws-from-irving-isd-eyes-trips-to-new-york-and-mecca.html/

Update 8:45 a.m. Tuesday: The district confirmed that Ahmed?s father met with the superintendent yesterday and requested to pull Ahmed out of the district. But technically, the Mohamed children are still on the rolls this morning, until some formalities are completed.

?For any family to complete the process of withdrawing a student from school, we require forms to be completed and items (like books or school-issued laptops) to be turned into school,? district spokesperson Lesley Weaver told me. ?We are happy to comply with the family?s requests as quickly as possible.?

A family friend, Anthony Bond, said that Ahmed?s father is dropping off his text books at his children?s schools this morning, even as I type.

Original report (Monday): This afternoon?while Ahmed Mohamed was enjoying California at Google?s invitation?his father drove to Irving ISD?s headquarters and formally withdrew the teen from the school district that inadvertently made him famous.

Not only is Ahmed leaving the district, a week after his English teacher reported his homemade clock to police, but his younger brother and sister are pulling out of other IISD schools, according to the father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed.

?Ahmed said, I don?t want to go to MacArthur,? Mohamed told me. ?These kids aren?t going to be happy there.?

Kool.......be a muzzie go to Radio Shack and buy a digital alarm clock. Buy briefcase too. Then take clock apart, put in briefcase. Then go to your school and go to teacher to teacher until one of them does what happened. Yeah, America land of sharia soon.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 12:37:59 PM »

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 01:22:07 PM »

6 Unanswered Questions About Ahmed Mohamed?s Clock

http://thefederalist.com/2015/09/23/6-unanswered-questions-about-ahmed-mohameds-clock/

By Daniel Payne
September 23, 2015
Email
Print
Follow Us on Twitter
Like Us on Facebook
Hangout with us

In just over a week, the Ahmed Mohamed clock controversy has become a global phenomenon: the young man brought a homemade clock to school and was subsequently arrested because school officials thought it looked like a bomb, leading to a worldwide outcry and hundreds of thousands of tweets, articles, and words of praise for the boy from Irving, Texas.

Ahmed has received commendation from the likes of Google, Facebook, Twitter, and even the president of the United States. Just recently, his family announced they will meet dignitaries at the United Nations; later, after a jaunt to Mecca in Saudi Arabia, they hope to meet with President Obama.

Mohamed has become an international superstar. But there are nonetheless several puzzling and troubling questions regarding his rise to fame. A great many people who have been mildly skeptical of this story have been denounced as ?Ahmed truthers? and as people who are out to conduct a ?smear campaign? against an innocent boy. But it?s actually reasonable and even necessary to be a bit skeptical of extraordinary stories such as this. You don?t have to have a vendetta against Ahmed to want the full story on the table, and asking honest questions about such a remarkable news event doesn?t mean you?re out to ?smear? this young man.

With that in mind, here are six questions the media should be asking the Mohamed family to clarify some points that badly need it.
1. Why did Ahmed claim to build the clock if he didn?t actually build it?

From the beginning we?ve been told that Ahmed?a supposedly creative, clever, inventive young man?threw the clock together from parts in his bedroom in order to ?impress? his teachers at school. Ahmed told Chris Hayes he put it together himself. He told the Dallas Morning News that he ?made a clock,? elsewhere claimed ?I?m the person who built a clock and got in trouble with it,? and claimed that the clock was ?[his] invention.?

As it turns out, it?s almost certain he did no such thing. All the evidence points toward the conclusion that Ahmed didn?t build his clock at all, and instead just took apart an old digital clock and put the guts inside a pencil case. If this is true?and it almost certainly is?why did he claim he ?built? such a device?

Photographs and videos of his workshop have shown a bench scattered with circuit boards, wires, and other electronic devices. If Ahmed is used to working in such conditions and with the guts and pieces of such technology, he should know the difference between ?building? a clock and not building one. So what led him to claim he built something that, for all appearances, he didn?t?
2. At what point was the clock actually built?

From the first report of Ahmed?s arrest, we learn the boy threw the clock together ?in about 20 minutes before bedtime on Sunday.? He subsequently took it to school the following Monday morning, at which point it was confiscated. He thus had the clock in his possession for around 12 hours, give or take.

Elsewhere, however, his father claimed that Ahmed ?wakes up with [the alarm clock] most mornings.? This simply cannot be true: Ahmed allegedly only had the alarm clock for one morning. Perhaps the explanation is that Ahmed used to wake up with the original alarm clock before he disassembled it and put it in the pencil case, and his father was simply not speaking clearly. Pretty satisfactory explanation, right?

Not so fast. On MSNBC with Chris Hayes, Ahmed claimed to have ?bought [the clock?s] parts and put it together in [his] room.? These stories do not jibe. At what point did Ahmed build the clock?and if he built it before the Sunday night in question, why did he lie about it?
3. Why did the clock go off during his English class?

When Ahmed showed the clock to one teacher, that teacher said he should not show it to anyone else (the teacher apparently thought it looked suspicious). One assumes he intended to follow that order and keep quiet about the clock for the rest of the day?but, according to NBC News, ?the clock?s alarm went off during [another] class,? annoying another teacher and leading Ahmed to show her the clock after class in order to explain himself (this teacher subsequently reported him, which led to his arrest).

So the alarm went off and the teacher heard it. That?s a suitable pretext for showing her the clock, but it?s also?when you stop to think about it?really quite odd. Why was the alarm ringing in the middle of the class? Did Ahmed program it to ring while he was in the classroom? If so, why?
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 02:10:41 PM »

'Clock-boy's' sister was suspended for 'bomb' threat

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/clock-boys-sister-was-suspended-for-bomb-threat/#fSY2C2HjVV3gTC3b.99

The 17-year-old sister of Muslim ?clock boy? Ahmed Mohamed says she too was suspended from school due to a ?bomb?-related accusation.

Eyman Mohamed told the Daily Beast during a day-long interview with the family Sept. 17 about an incident where she was accused of wanting to blow up her school.

?I got suspended from school for three days from this stupid same district, from this girl saying I wanted to blow up the school, something I had nothing to do with,? Mohamed told the Daily Beast. ?I got suspended and I didn?t do anything about it. And so, when I heard about Ahmed, I was so mad because it happened to me and I didn?t get to stand up, so I?m making sure he?s standing up because it?s not right. So I?m not jealous. I?m kinda like ? it?s like he?s standing for me.?

The young girl said her suspension did not take place at MacArthur High School in Irving, Texas. Instead, her punishment came during her first year of middle school when the family moved to the state from New York City.

?I knew English, but the culture was different, the people were different,? Mohamed told the Daily Beast.

The 17-year-old?s claim continues a string of strange developments surrounding the Sept. 14 detention of her 14-year-old brother when a clock he ?invented? was suspected of being a bomb.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email