[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 12:39:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World's highest bridge meets the world's most lax 'elf and safety rules: Daredev  (Read 1060 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: April 03, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »

World's highest bridge meets the world's most lax 'elf and safety rules: Daredevil Chinese workers put finishing touches to amazing new structure

Dizzying: Labourers put the finishing touches to the Anzhaite Long-span Suspension Bridge in Jishou, Hunan, China, this week, just in time for its opening

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124376/Anzhaite-Long-span-Suspension-Bridge-Worlds-highest-bridge-gets-finishing-touches.html#ixzz1r1U8BHAU

This hard-grafting painter may have climbed the ladder to a career high... but one mistake and it's a hard fall back to where he started.

Labourers put the finishing touches to the Anzhaite Long-span Suspension Bridge in Jishou, Hunan, China, this week, just in time for its opening.

And at 1,102ft up and 3,858ft across the ambitious suspension bridge has become the highest and longest in the world.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124376/Anzhaite-Long-span-Suspension-Bridge-Worlds-highest-bridge-gets-finishing-touches.html#ixzz1r1UFERLp

GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:49:11 PM »

That guy probably gets paid a buck or a buck and a half an hour.

안녕하십니까
GeronL

안녕하세요

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »

Don't fall on my house!! We just paid it off, only took 3 generations.

안녕하십니까
Vonne

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 12:28:45 PM »

World's highest bridge meets the world's most lax 'elf and safety rules: Daredevil Chinese workers put finishing touches to amazing new structure

You should have quoted the other picture!

It still amazes me to see pictures of old iron workers, casually strolling along I beams, hundreds of feet in the air.  I always found it interesting to hear about the culture of them doing such, although it's tragic how frequently they lost people on jobs.  

I used to have to take engineer applicants on a tour after they went through an interview, just to test their fear of heights and similar things.  It's amazing how many people become petrified, even if there is a railing and nets.

That guy probably gets paid a buck or a buck and a half an hour.

I've no idea.  You might be amazed though, some skilled tradesmen in China earn more than many American workers. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:30:20 PM by Vonne » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email