[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 01:07:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank goodness it's the WEEKEND!!!  (Read 1289 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: November 19, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »

It's been a super busy 6 weeks for me at work.  It all culminated Thursday with this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rMjciaYEmI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rMjciaYEmI</a>

That's the publicly released video.  You can kinda see in the second section the missile making it's initial turn back over the launcher. 

So now we're busy planning our success party.  P-A-R-T-Y!  Grin

Also my big news is I've officially registered for the last of my classes for my bachelor's degree!  As long as something horribly wrong doesn't happen, I should graduate this May!  I'm so excited!  I've already gotten hints from the finance department at work that "hey, you know I think we'll be hiring some people around then...."   Grin

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »

I am always in favor of my tax dollars being spent on things that blow sh*t up  Wink

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »

I am always in favor of my tax dollars being spent on things that blow sh*t up  Wink

This was unprecedented.  The missile launched at 70 degree and then turned back over the launcher.  The Patriot launcher can only launch up to 35 degrees AND can only defend the area in front of it.  If a threat was coming from behind a Patriot launcher it cannot defend itself. 

Let's just say after the flight the team where I work was very happy.   Grin

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 09:26:08 PM »

This was unprecedented.  The missile launched at 70 degree and then turned back over the launcher.  The Patriot launcher can only launch up to 35 degrees AND can only defend the area in front of it.  If a threat was coming from behind a Patriot launcher it cannot defend itself. 

Let's just say after the flight the team where I work was very happy.   Grin

and who wanted to kill this program?  even if they are republicans, they should be shot

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »

and who wanted to kill this program?  even if they are republicans, they should be shot

McCain has been the most vocal, as has Scott Brown. The Obama administration prefers to honor the committmemt through the end of the contract.

McCain and Brown represent Raytheon's interest, which is most definitely to not allow MEADS into production.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 11:15:30 PM »

then mccain and brown should lose their next election.

anyone that wants to kill an actually successful defense program has sh*t for brains.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 02:31:51 AM »

then mccain and brown should lose their next election.

anyone that wants to kill an actually successful defense program has sh*t for brains.

We'll see. MEADS is part of the defense budget fight. To cancel will cost the same or more than just finishing out the contract. Plus now there's been a demonstration of the system and an article naming another country that's very interested in the system.

Remember McCain is a member of the Senate Armed Services committee and Raytheon has a large interest in Arizona.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:40:04 PM by Miss Mia » Logged

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »

It's been a super busy 6 weeks for me at work.  It all culminated Thursday with this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rMjciaYEmI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rMjciaYEmI</a>

That's the publicly released video.  You can kinda see in the second section the missile making it's initial turn back over the launcher. 

So now we're busy planning our success party.  P-A-R-T-Y!  Grin

Also my big news is I've officially registered for the last of my classes for my bachelor's degree!  As long as something horribly wrong doesn't happen, I should graduate this May!  I'm so excited!  I've already gotten hints from the finance department at work that "hey, you know I think we'll be hiring some people around then...."   Grin
Congratulations Miss Mia.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 12:20:56 AM »

Congratulations Miss Mia.

Thanks apples.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email