[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 08:41:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Lucy" look-alikes honor Lucille Ball's 100th birthday  (Read 766 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: August 06, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »

happy birthday, Lucy!

the theme music for "I love lucy" is ingrained in my head.

"Lucy" look-alikes honor Lucille Ball's 100th birthday

(Reuters) - More than 900 red-lipsticked, redheaded women -- and men -- gathered near a "Vitameatavegamin" sign in the hometown of "I Love Lucy" star Lucille Ball to mark her 100th birthday on Saturday with a world record for most Lucy look-alikes.

Sporting upswept hairdos and blue and white polka dot dresses, the crowd of 915 Lucy Ricardos set to establish the first Guinness world record in her honor. It was all part of the annual Lucy Fest in Jamestown, which drew fans from as far away as Australia to the normally sleepy town of 30,000 people in upstate New York.

"This is a once in a lifetime experience. It has to be the best time in my life," said Cindy Wilson, 22, of Cleveland, Ohio.

Wilson started watching the "I Love Lucy" show in reruns when she was 7 years old and has a Lucy stick figure tattoo on her left foot, while sitcom husband Ricky adorns her right. She said her fiance's name is Ricky, and joked that's one reason she is marrying him.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email