[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 04, 2024, 10:47:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last week of June!  (Read 796 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: June 27, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »

Well today started off pretty crappy. 

Tomorrow's my boss' birthday.  I found out last week that his favorite cake is strawberry with really sugary frosting.  So yesterday I proceeded to make a Strawberry Cake and I made the frosting. 

This morning a guy walks in with not one, but TWO pans of strawberry cake!  TWO!  I couldn't believe it!  I thought everyone knew that was my plan.  I was pissed!  I was going to frost the cake tonight and bring it in tomorrow, but I couldn't bring it now.  I mean after a day with strawberry cake overload even my fancy schmancy longhorn cake wouldn't have cut it.

So I took off work early, I told my boss I had "school stuff to work on."  Really I had to go to the grocery store. 

Tonight I made a Chocolate Toffee Caramel Crunch Cake:

I think this will kick the strawberry cake's butt.  I put the strawberry cakes in the freezer.  I may take it to a 4th of July party I'm going to.  The only downside is that I have a longhorn cake and my friend's husband is hardcore Aggie.  I may have to "saw" off the horns and make maroon frosting.   Cheesy

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
natstew

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:45:54 AM »

"An apple for the teacher" thingy?

I used to hate the SOB's who actually brought an apple for the teacher. One of my teachers evidently agreed with me, she castigated the poor little girl in front of the class and let us know in no uncertain terms that she could not be bribed. My respect for that teacher instantly skyrocketed.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 08:15:56 PM »

"An apple for the teacher" thingy?

I used to hate the SOB's who actually brought an apple for the teacher. One of my teachers evidently agreed with me, she castigated the poor little girl in front of the class and let us know in no uncertain terms that she could not be bribed. My respect for that teacher instantly skyrocketed.

Actually I really like my boss, and I like to bake.  It's win-win!  Smiley

He's a really great boss, and I'm his admin so it's different than other working relationships.  I mean that an admin and their executive are a particularly close team that's different than like my boss and a lead.  

Plus, I don't need to bribe him, I'm far superior than a regular admin.  I have a lot more responsibilities than the other admins I know.  I'm moving out of my position hopefully this time next year, and that's been known since I joined this company 2 years ago, that I would be moving out of the admin position as soon as I get my Bachelor's degree.  So I've been exposed to a lot more of the program management functions than the other admins and I get other responsibilities to give me a better well-rounded experience to help me move out.  (Actually my plan is to start looking at job postings in March/April 2011, I'll apply if there's something available that I want, but since I'm going to start my MBA the next fall, I'm not particularly against staying an admin for a while longer.  Being an admin is pretty flexible and not very "hard."  Plus the program is already dreading the day I leave.)

And at the end of the day, he puts up with my whacky behavior and sarcasm, he deserves a treat for his birthday.   Cheesy

My cake today was a huge hit!  It was gone within an hour of me setting it out.  And...OMG it was sooooo good!  I got rave reviews!  And my boss really liked the UT Longhorn Mr. Potato Head I got him.  Smiley

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email