[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 04, 2024, 09:34:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Relaxing  (Read 2769 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: June 10, 2011, 08:14:10 PM »

I love my three day weekends, I just wish they were every week and not every two weeks. 

Anywho, I had a pretty good week.  We had Take Your Child to Work Day yesterday (the "official" day was during the Texas state testing time, so my work had it yesterday).  I made cupcakes for the kids that came through our building.  I made white and chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate butter cream frosting and then I put a green Army man on top of each one - Army man because I work at a defense contractor.  They were a big hit.

I had my mid-term in my Strategic Risk Management class this week.  This class is tough!  TOUGH!  The good news is that my professor was feeling ill, so instead of an in class exam, she let us take it home and we had to email her by midnight with our answers.  THANK GOODNESS!  That exam was hard!  I'm also reading the case study on Honeywell's implementation of an integrated risk management system for our big project that's due the last week. 

In other great news, I met with my university advisor yesterday to plan out my last year!  The good thing about my school is that the semester is divided in two, so your classes are at max 8 weeks long.  I have 4 management and 2 electives left at my university and then this coming fall I'm also taking two online courses at the fake school - community college.  Anywho, my last year I'm only doing one management course at a time, two fall, two spring.  Actually in the spring, my last management course is strategic planning, which is supposed to be a real bear of a class, I'm doing that one second half and it's the only course I'm taking.  The elective options this fall suck ass.  I'm taking Intro to Sports & Entertainment Mgmt as an elective.  It's supposed to be pretty easy, though not at all related to what I'm actually doing as a career.  I'm hoping during the winter mini the course on terrorism in the 21st century is offered. 

So I'm all on track to finish up by next May.  w00t!!  Then it'll be off to work on a MBA.  So in 3 years I'll be all done with my schooling. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 08:41:32 PM »

I am continually amazed by your baking mastery.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:51:12 PM »

I am continually amazed by your baking mastery.

I was told these were the best cupcakes I have brought in.  One of these days I'm going to try and learn how to use a piping bag to put frosting on cupcakes, instead of having to hand do each one. 

BTW, that picture I took with my phone and messaged it to my boss saying "We're under attack!"

I liked these that I made a few months ago, they were red velvet with cream cheese frosting.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »

are you the annointed bake-master, or is this something that you do out of the goodness of your heart?

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »

are you the annointed bake-master, or is this something that you do out of the goodness of your heart?

I like to bake in general.  I did these cause as my boss says "you're so nice."  You know, I rarely even eat sweets.  I tasted the frosting as I made it, but I didn't actually eat any of the cupcakes.  

The red velvet I made because the guy that's a software lead asked me nicely.  I made them for this big software acceptance test we were having, and that included some of our German partners. Actually they all know it's easy to ask me to bake something or talk myself into baking something.  During my school break last November I made something like every week.  Chocolate Fudge Cake, blueberry cheesecake bars, etc.  My oven heats up my house too much to bake starting now through December.  Heh.

Later this month we're having a big pot-luck lunch for our in-house German who's going back to Munich.  He's been here like 7 years.  His favorite is Black Forest Cake, and I said if no one signs up to bring one in, I'll make one.  I've made it before, it's delicious!

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:17:42 PM »

Here's some more cupcakes, again Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting

And this is the cake I made for Boss' Day last year:

Speaking of which, my boss' birthday is later this month.  I can do another Longhorn shaped baked good since I own the pan or I can do something else.  I gotta start thinking about this one.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »

I'm envious.  I tried to make coffee a couple of months ago, and I wound up in the emergency room.  Shocked literally.

Cheesy

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 04:32:21 PM »

I'm envious.  I tried to make coffee a couple of months ago, and I wound up in the emergency room.  Shocked literally.

Cheesy

Which is pretty funny.  I mean, I'm glad you're okay, but still the thought of you having to go to the ER due to an incident with Mr. Coffee is hil-ar-ious.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 04:33:47 PM »

Which is pretty funny.  I mean, I'm glad you're okay, but still the thought of you having to go to the ER due to an incident with Mr. Coffee is hil-ar-ious.

for my next trick, I'm going to try to make coffee on a ladder.  *rimshot*

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »

for my next trick, I'm going to try to make coffee on a ladder.  *rimshot*

That would be a bloody massacre.

It looks innocent, but watch out Mr Coffee will get ya!

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »

those suckers are tougher than they look, dammit!  the girls at starbucks should get combat pay.

and my attacker was a cuisinart.  yeah, that's right.  the "big boy".  impressed?  I thought so.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 04:44:14 PM »

those suckers are tougher than they look, dammit!  the girls at starbucks should get combat pay.

and my attacker was a cuisinart.  yeah, that's right.  the "big boy".  impressed?  I thought so.

You know when I used to make coffee for a living...I never went to the ER.  Smiley

I have a Senseo, but I rarely make coffee at home.

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »

You know when I used to make coffee for a living...I never went to the ER.  Smiley

I have a Senseo, but I rarely make coffee at home.

Nice. I love my Keurig coffee maker. Those single cup machines are a great invention.

Spent my weekend working, looking at paint for my new place I'm moving too next month or spending time relaxing with my girlfriend watching TV or sleeping.

Now to get back to work. Summer school has started... Then work at 4:30 which means I miss game 6 of the Stanley Cup. Go Canucks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email