[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 04, 2024, 02:51:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will 'Two And A Half Men' Tank With Ashton Kutcher?  (Read 1217 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: May 16, 2011, 11:01:19 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/05/16/half-men-tank-ashton-kutcher/?test=faces

CBS and Warner Bros. Television announced on Friday that Ashton Kutcher signed on the dotted line to replace Charlie Sheen's hedonistic jingle writer Charlie Harper on the hit sitcom "Two And A Half Men." But does the former “That 70’s Show” star really have what it takes to make the series as successful as Sheen did?

"Ashton was a wise casting choice, they managed to keep a still-successful and major money-making show alive by casting a well-known talent who knows his way around a sitcom stage," TV Guide's LA Bureau Chief, Michael Schneider, told FOX411's Pop Tarts column.

But according to entertainment reporter and pop culture expert Scott Huver, the 33-year-old probably doesn't have the prowess to ensure CBS sitcom will continue to be a ratings success.

"I don't think the addition of Kutcher guarantees any longevity for the series – people will check out his first few episodes and see if it clicks for them from there," Huver said.
Vonne

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »

The writers will certainly have to alter their comedy slightly, to fit Ashton, but I think it could work.  Not that I regularly watched the show before.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:42:51 PM »

a day too early.  now I am sure they are wishing that they had hired ahnold, the nanny f*cker.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
jafo2010

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 12:45:37 AM »

Simply stated, the best sit-coms have a half life of about seven years.  After that, just about every possible situation has been portrayed, and the faithful begin to tune out. 

In my humble opinion, just about anyone could play the role that has comic talent.  The real star in my humble opinion is the fellow that plays his brother, and not Charlie Sheen.  The lines uttered by Sheen could be played by 1,000 actors.

The show has been on for about seven years, and so they are only extending what would have been a demise by one or two years anyway.

Sheen must have one hell of an agent to see to it he has obtained as much work as he has.   
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:21:56 PM »

a day too early.  now I am sure they are wishing that they had hired ahnold, the nanny f*cker.
For me he will be best known for destroying California and letting that kid get hardly any prison time for murder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email