[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 02:56:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Hump Day!  (Read 1089 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: April 06, 2011, 09:37:39 AM »

I have become very spoiled to having every other Friday off work that I dread the "long" work weeks.  This week is a long week.  Boo.  Sad

At least this hasn't been too bad of a week.  I've slept okay so far.  I'm giving two thumbs up to the sound machine.  I've settled in on the "gentle rain" sound every night, and surprisingly it doesn't make me have to get up and pee all the time.

In school news, I have to give a "pursuasive" speech at the beginning of May.  It cannot be over the following topics:  abortion, religious conversion, capital punishment, drugs, alcohol, or smoking. 

The guidelines are to pursuade your audience to:
Take a side on a current political/social issue,
Change a certain social behavior,
Give to a certain charity,
Prescribe to a certain philosophy (not religion),
Write their govt officials to enact a new law or to amend a law that already exists.

Anyone have any ideas?  It's only 4-6 min.  This class is mostly younger students, and I'd prefer to stay away from political topics. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »

God, what a blur.  is it already wednesday?

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:59:39 AM »

God, what a blur.  is it already wednesday?

That's what my calendar is showing....Wednesday, 6 April, 2011

Oh for one of my classes I had to take a silly career guide "test."  I have to write up a 1 pg paper explaining why I agree or disagree with the results.  Those career tests are so silly and transparent. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »

I'm glad it's Wednesday. My new glasses should be in today or tomorrow.  It'll be good to be able to see across the room again.  Found out today I have a Biology exam next Monday...  At 8 AM...  On my birthday...  After a planned night of debauchery on Fry Street...  If I'm not still drunk when I go to class, I will be very surprised.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »

I'm glad it's Wednesday. My new glasses should be in today or tomorrow.  It'll be good to be able to see across the room again.  Found out today I have a Biology exam next Monday...  At 8 AM...  On my birthday...  After a planned night of debauchery on Fry Street...  If I'm not still drunk when I go to class, I will be very surprised.

Speaking of which, I can probably go to your dinner on Sunday, but I doubt I'll be out too much later bar hopping.  It's an hour drive AND I'm (supposed) to be at work at 7:30am Monday.

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 11:12:02 AM »

Speaking of which, I can probably go to your dinner on Sunday, but I doubt I'll be out too much later bar hopping.  It's an hour drive AND I'm (supposed) to be at work at 7:30am Monday.

Cool!  I understand.  Gotta earn that money.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 10:05:45 AM »

Last night was my Practice of Management & Leadership class.  I really like this class.  We read cases and articles for class and just basically discuss them.

Anywho, so to prep this week, we had to complete the Mt. Everest Simulation from Harvard.  It's to reinforce group dynamics.  It simulates a group treking up Mt Everest, and you have details such as health, weather, etc, but each team member has specific goals and you don't know what everyone's goals are from the outset.  Anywho, a group project.  So last night we were discussing the simulation and what we thought about it and then compared the two groups together (our group did better than the other group).

Then we watched this movie "Into Thin Air" which was based on the true story of two groups trying to summit Everest, and in the end 8 people died.  I thought the movie was good.

Then I had a bit of a fright after I got into bed.  I went to turn on my sound machine and...nothing.  NOTHING!  I unplugged it, plugged it back in and still nothing.  No gentle rain.  I started to freak a bit, but then I realized I remember reading about a "reset" button.  Ahhh....it was fine after I reset it. 

Tonight I'm supposed to go to class at fake school, but I'm thinking of skipping.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email