[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 02:18:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a new pet peeve  (Read 6536 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »

Isn't kosher a Jewish thing, and being as pork isn't kosher, isn't Hebrew National pork free?

Yes, they're 100% beef hot dogs. Feel free to click the link I provided earlier for more detail.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »

Hebrew National is the sh*t when it comes to keeping kosher. I can't give up my dogs... But kosher meat is freaking expensive. At least HN is fairly cheap.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 11:08:09 PM »

Hebrew National is the sh*t when it comes to keeping kosher. I can't give up my dogs... But kosher meat is freaking expensive. At least HN is fairly cheap.

And they're delicious. Wink

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Doc
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »

Tru Dat........Any type of processed meat (hot dogs, cold cuts, etc.), we always buy kosher, not because we're Jewish (we're not), but because we've lived in several Jewish communities, and we know that kosher products are always top quality, without any fillers or external garbage.  Having a Rabbi wondering around the plant, inspecting everything, while they are being produced, keeping everybody "honest", is just an extra bonus for us.

However, at least around here, I pay $2.49 a package for HN hotdogs.......Nathans are slightly cheaper at $2.29, but so far as cost goes, that's a far cry from the store brand you can by for $0,99 per package on sale.

They are worth it, IMO.....

doc
natstew

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2011, 08:56:42 AM »

Now you've done it, made me start craving a hot dog, or six, or a whole package. I'm off to Publix to buy some National Hebrew hot dogs and Publix bakery HD Buns. I like them with mustard and green salad olives on them. Other times I like them with real krout from the cold cut  cooler. Grin

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 09:20:31 AM »

Now you've done it, made me start craving a hot dog, or six, or a whole package. I'm off to Publix to buy some National Hebrew hot dogs and Publix bakery HD Buns. I like them with mustard and green salad olives on them. Other times I like them with real krout from the cold cut  cooler. Grin

I like to put Ragin Cajun Spicy Sweet Jalapeno Relish on my hot dogs. 

Link

Vonne

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »

whatever else it is, it's a secretly hyper-regressive tax.  it may as well be a tax on poor people, simply for being poor.

I think I heard that Germany just made it a crime for the unemployed or those on government assistance to buy lotto tickets or claim lotto winnings!  I doubt it'd actually be enforceable, but it is an interesting notion.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email