[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 01:49:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Thursday  (Read 1265 times)
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« on: March 31, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »

Went to the optometrist today. Found out I need glasses again. Have an astigmatism in my right eye and my left eye is going nearsighted again. And to think it's been almost five years since my PRK. Oh well, got some nice glasses, but I have wait a week to pick them up.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 07:25:59 PM »

PRK? Is that like lasik? My eyesight is too poor for lasik, I'm a candidate for lens replacement. I pray for cataracts. Heh

I got new frames and lenses last year. Soooo expensive.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »

PRK? Is that like lasik? My eyesight is too poor for lasik, I'm a candidate for lens replacement. I pray for cataracts. Heh

Yes it is. Rather than cutting a hole in the eye and reshaping the inside, they remove the cornea and reshape the surface. Good luck on the cataracts, I guess...  Wink

I ended up going to the optometrist on campus, so I got discounted everything. It was relatively inexpensive.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »

Yes it is. Rather than cutting a hole in the eye and reshaping the inside, they remove the cornea and reshape the surface. Good luck on the cataracts, I guess...  Wink

I ended up going to the optometrist on campus, so I got discounted everything. It was relatively inexpensive.

My glasses and frames were about $500 last year. I have to get the ultra high index lenses, plus extra for scratch resistant and glare crap. The good news is that my eyes are stable, so I can wear my old frames too.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:54:37 PM »

I don't want to tell you how much I paid for my glasses. Then a little over a year I was cleaning them and they broke in half. The Eye place I went to said they couldn't help. UNREAL... really.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:57:21 PM »

I don't want to tell you how much I paid for my glasses. Then a little over a year I was cleaning them and they broke in half. The Eye place I went to said they couldn't help. UNREAL... really.

My favorite frames broke at the nose bridge. I loved those frames, perfect shape, olive green on the inside and tortoise on the outside.   They were the brand Dolabany. I have had a couple of frames by them. The eye dr I went to last year doesn't carry them though. Sad

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 10:27:28 PM »

I'm home from school.  I'm off work tomorrow, so the weekend has officially begun.  I'm planning on taking my sleepy-time pill soon and relax to some "gentle rain" sounds.  lol

Tomorrow morning, I'm headed to the hair dresser for a cut.  *gasp*  It's been over a year since I've gotten my hair cut, and I'd like to get the ends all cleaned up.  Then I'm headed to my friend's house and we're going to go to a sports bar to watch the Rangers game.  I'll spend the night at her house, it's at least an hour away from where I live. 

As for the rest of the weekend, I need to do some market analysis for the business plan for my Leadership & Management class.  I have 5 homework questions to do for financial management.

On Sunday I'm meeting up with my group from Leadership and we're doing the Harvard Mt. Everest simulation.  It's supposed to take 2-2.5 hours to complete.  woo.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email