[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 05:52:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things I've bought recently - or why insomnia sucks  (Read 3228 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: March 27, 2011, 10:00:40 PM »

So, for the last couple/three months I have been having a difficult time sleeping.  It's more of falling asleep that's the issue, and once I do some nights I wake up two or three times, but if I don't I get a good night's rest.   

Anywho, so when I can't sleep, I'll lay in bed for hours.  Sometimes I will peruse items on Amazon.

This is a bad idea.  When I'm sleepy, yet not asleep, I cannot stop myself from buying things I don't really need.  I'm in general a pretty frugal person, so this is all kinds of bad.

I've bought books late at night, which is okay, I'll eventually read them on.

But last Sunday I took a turn for the worse.  I was originally shopping for a sleeping mask, which I did purchase.  But then, somehow I ended up looking at foot spas.  Now I've wanted a foot spa forever, but could never really justify buying it to myself.  In comes sleepy Miss Mia and I'm now the proud owner of not only a sleeping mask, but a foot spa, foot bath salts, foot lotions and a new pumice stone.

Dr. Scholl's Sole Solutions Foot Spa

I gotta say, the foot spa is pretty awesome.  It vibrates and makes bubbles.  You have to put in pretty hot water at first, since the bubbles cool it off quickly.  It arrived Wednesday and I used it that night, plus I used it today.  I'm pleased with this purchase.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:09:28 PM »

Now, so the bad news is that again last night was an awful night for sleeping. I was getting pissy, as I didn't sleep well the night before either.  I'm taking some "make me sleepy" pills my doctor gave me, but alas they haven't been working the last couple of nights at all.

So in my sleepy but not sleepy state, I decided I needed a noise machine.  I used to have this awesome alarm clock/sound machine/CD/mp3 player, but after a year or so the damn thing broke.  Sleepy Miss Mia had decided that a sound machine would definitely lull me to sleep.  Off to the wonderful (or is it evil?) Amazon.

I search and search, you have to remember I just cannot stop myself from purchasing it, but I'm still reading reviews and pricing them out determined to get a good deal. 

This Wednesday I will be the proud owner of the Sound Oasis Sleep Sound Therapy System

Now what I like about this one, is it has an alarm clock, but even cooler is that it uses sound cards, so you can get more sounds! 

I talked to my mom today.  After I told her I wasn't going to "****ing help her move" (see thread Moving) she asked me how I was sleeping.  I told her the awful news that I'm online shopping in a sleepy delirious state.  She laughed, because she knows that's out of my nature.  I told her I think I'm getting a good deal on this stuff though.   Cheesy

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »

Let me know how that sleep machine works. I need to get one myself.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »

Let me know how that sleep machine works. I need to get one myself.

It gets delivered Wednesday!  I'll let you know how the sleep goes.  Smiley

Doc
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »

Things I've bought recently - or why insomnia sucks

I think you'll find that 10 mg of Valium is a heck of a lot cheaper......... Smiley

doc
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »

I think you'll find that 10 mg of Valium is a heck of a lot cheaper......... Smiley

doc

Not really. Since my doctor hasn't prescribed such medicine, if I was drawn for a drug test at work, I couldn't show where I got it. Thus, I'd be looking for a new job.

Doc
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »

Not really. Since my doctor hasn't prescribed such medicine, if I was drawn for a drug test at work, I couldn't show where I got it. Thus, I'd be looking for a new job.

Didn't mean to imply use of a drug illegally.....your Dr. should be able to give you something for insomnia, particularly since you stated its been ongoing for several months.  There are several excellent prescription sleep aids out there that are not schedulled meds.

I spoke in jest regarding the cost......

doc
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 03:19:08 PM »

Didn't mean to imply use of a drug illegally.....your Dr. should be able to give you something for insomnia, particularly since you stated its been ongoing for several months.  There are several excellent prescription sleep aids out there that are not schedulled meds.

I spoke in jest regarding the cost......

doc

Wink

I'm taking this medicine called rozerem. I had two good nights in a row. Yesterday my fancy sound machine arrived. I'm very impressed with it. I was lulled asleep to a gentle thunderstorm last night. And the alarm beep this morning was pleasant, not annoying at all. After one day I give it two thumbs up. Smiley

Doc
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 03:27:44 PM »

Back in my younger years, I occasionally suffered from insomnia, my GP advised that unless you have neurological issues it's mostly related to stress (I had a high-stress job), and all that is needed is to "break the cycle", by taking a med for a couple of weeks........it worked for me.

doc
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »

I bought a new wall calendar (finally) as well as a flag to hang on the wall and give my room some color. I'm also waiting for a new power cord for my laptop to be delivered. Should be any time now...

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 06:49:51 PM »

Back in my younger years, I occasionally suffered from insomnia, my GP advised that unless you have neurological issues it's mostly related to stress (I had a high-stress job), and all that is needed is to "break the cycle", by taking a med for a couple of weeks........it worked for me.

doc

I don't think it's stress, as I don't feel like I'm under any stress. I'm just trying to get myself to wind down better.

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »

I have a working laptop again... And yet I'm still on my iPad. Strange.

Whatever you do, Mia, avoid klonipin at all costs.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »

I'll see what happens this weekend. I still have quite a bit of medicine left, he gave me a monty's worth of samples.

rushye

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 02:59:03 AM »

I can relate.
Whenever I can't sleep I browse ebay and find stuff i like and can't resist buying.
Insomnia sucks big time plus it gives me these annoying pimples..

most of the things i purchase though are clothes.
i try and resell them because i only tend to wear it once 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email