[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 02:59:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving  (Read 3785 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« on: March 27, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »

My dad bought a new house, he closed on it Friday.  I don't mind helping people move but I had a few issues with this.  He already has movers coming on Thursday for his furniture, I don't know why they couldn't have moved all this piddly crap I had to move today. 

But what I really hated is it was taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  When I help my friends move, it's wham bam, load then unload, load then unload.  When you help old people move it's "well...is there any more room...do you think we can fit this...what about this...."  So I can understand it took a bit to load, but seriously? It took forever to unload.  I was moving this crap out and my dad goes "are you in a hurry??"  No I'm not in a hurry, I just want to be done.  To load/unload one move (three vehicles) it took two hours.  TWO HOURS.

Oh and I had gone round and round with my dad last week, I offered to let him borrow my car (a small SUV).  Then it was "well, I don't know..." blah blah blah.  Seriously, dude, seriously.

I called my mom on my way home from my dad's new house.  As soon as she picked up the phone I said "if you ever move, I'm not ****ing helping you."  She laughed and knew exactly why I was calling. 

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »

:Smiley I used to own a 79 chevy blazer.  Lifted big tires.  People used to ask me to move all the time.. with that lift kit it was a real pain.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »

:Smiley I used to own a 79 chevy blazer.  Lifted big tires.  People used to ask me to move all the time.. with that lift kit it was a real pain.

Oh that had to be awful. I was happy when I owned the Beetle, no one asked me to help them move then. Heh

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:48:48 PM »

Wanna help me move? Cheesy

At least its not until August...

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »

Wanna help me move? Cheesy

At least its not until August...

No, especially in August....

lol

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 05:18:42 PM »

No, especially in August....

lol

Can't say I blame you. I really don't want to move in August either... But I want to get away from roommates more. Especially if I get this job with the county and can afford to.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 05:33:41 PM »

Can't say I blame you. I really don't want to move in August either... But I want to get away from roommates more. Especially if I get this job with the county and can afford to.

I had a roommate once. Never again. It's bad enough with my two 4-legged furry roommates.

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 05:40:31 PM »

Oh that had to be awful. I was happy when I owned the Beetle, no one asked me to help them move then. Heh
You can find out who your true friends are when you need help moving!!!  What kind of 4 leeged furry friends do you have Huh? Names?Huh? Wink If you don't mind.
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »

You can find out who your true friends are when you need help moving!!!  What kind of 4 leeged furry friends do you have Huh? Names?Huh? Wink If you don't mind.

I have two cats, Mia & Monty.  Mia's the grey & white and Monty's the black & white.

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 05:50:04 PM »

I have two cats, Mia & Monty.  Mia's the grey & white and Monty's the black & white.

mr apples wants to get a cat to replace our lab. We live in the woods  birds eat them all the time. Cats do not live long around here.   Just awsume pawsumes  you have Miss Mia.  Had 2 indoor cats as a younger apple, 17 years they lived. 
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »

I have two cats, Mia & Monty.  Mia's the grey & white and Monty's the black & white.

One other thing, the best toy you can get your cat, is another cat.  Ours were from the same litter. One was a black and white one Hey Cat the other was a gray white, both long hair. Tiffany was like her name prissy and real jealous cat. Hey Cat loved to lay in your shoes happy go lucky cat.  

edit spelling
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »

mr apples wants to get a cat to replace our lab. We live in the woods  birds eat them all the time. Cats do not live long around here.   Just awsume pawsumes  you have Miss Mia.  Had 2 indoor cats as a younger apple, 17 years they lived.  

Monty turns 9 this year, Mia 10.  I have three outside strays I take care of, but Mia and Monty are strictly spoiled indoor cats.  The strays just showed up a year and a half ago, I think.  There were originally 5, I got with an organization to help get them all spayed/neutered.  I'm down to three, one got really sick and I had to put him down and the other one got in a fight I think.  I saw a bunch of blood on my driveway one morning, and I haven't seen Buddy since.  Sad

I adopted Mia from the local shelter here.  Turned out she was pregnant at the time, probably off her first heat.  Two weeks later I had 5 kittens in my apartment, Monty was one of her kittens.  I was able to find good homes for the other 4.

I sometimes wish I had named Monty, Marsellus.  Like Mia & Marsellus Wallace from Pulp Fiction.  lol

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 06:16:34 PM »

One other thing, the best toy you can get your cat, is another cat.  Ours were from the same litter. One was a black and white one Hey Cat the other was a gray white, both long hair. Tiffany was like her name prissy and real jealous cat. Hey Cat loved to lay in your shoes happy go lucky cat.  

edit spelling

Mia's a sweet cat.  Loves to sit in my lap or lay on me.  Monty's "slower" but a really sweetie.  He likes to be near me all the time or in the same room.  When I lay down in bed at night Monty's there within a few minutes and lays right up next to me.  But he does not like to be held.  

Here's some of my favorite photos of them.

It's cold bitch, let me under that blanket:

This is why I have a hard time watching tv in bed:

Wha? I so sleepy:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:18:28 PM by Miss Mia » Logged

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 06:17:15 PM »

edit spelling

My cat is unfortunately too anti social to have another pet. He's definitely a solo animal.

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 07:12:53 PM »

Mia's a sweet cat.  Loves to sit in my lap or lay on me.  Monty's "slower" but a really sweetie.  He likes to be near me all the time or in the same room.  When I lay down in bed at night Monty's there within a few minutes and lays right up next to me.  But he does not like to be held.  

Here's some of my favorite photos of them.

It's cold bitch, let me under that blanket:

This is why I have a hard time watching tv in bed:

Wha? I so sleepy:

Thanks for sharing.. too funny can't watch TV!!!! yuk yuk yuk!!!! hehehe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email