[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 18, 2024, 05:23:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schools should teach about orgasms says the NEA  (Read 2930 times)
Vonne

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 09:17:17 PM »

pssst.  guys, Vonne just likes the debate. Grin

Tis true, tis very true  Grin

Even more than a debate though, I absolutely adore an in-depth discussion!

Some where in between those two quite different spectrums though, I'm absolutely fascinated with just hearing the reasoning of others, at how they reached their given view points.  Regardless of how much merit I place in those reasons, it's still fascinating.

Take this for an example:

And when I met a black man on the street my next thought was not whether he was going to rob me or not!

The radical extrmist took over the civil rights movement and we are worse off in many ways than before.

If I was in a debating mood, Ka-Pow!  There's enough barrels of ammo with those statements, to ward off even Donkey Kong!  However that's not nearly as amazing as just the mind-set, IMHO.  I mean what on earth could drive an individual to feel abject terror when ever they encounter an individual different than them in a public setting?  It doesn't matter how reasonable or legitimate those factors were, as they're absolutely valid in Natstew's world-view.  

While possibly over-analyzing, just consider that mind-set in conjunction with other comments that could easily be interwoven.  Such as comments on poverty, education, criminals, etc... It's just fascinating to me...

natstew

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »

"Abject terror"? Vonne, such total distortions as this is why you are not worth debating.

I was born in 3 - 1944, you figure it out, if you can. I lived it. Nothing you say has any credibility.

Vonne

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 09:44:12 PM »

"Abject terror"? Vonne, such total distortions as this is why you are not worth debating.

I was born in 3 - 1944, you figure it out, if you can. I lived it. Nothing you say has any credibility.

Pardon my ignorance, but have we debated in some realm of the web?  Certainly, you're not considering your recent posts here debating?  I've been active on a number of message boards, but never on 4Chan, shivers...

So how have I "totally distorted" your direct statement:

...that Anger and hate still resonate from the violent way our schools were intergrated.

Along with a direct admission of:

And when I met a black man on the street my next thought was not whether he was going to rob me or not!

Perhaps, and I sincerely hope, you're not still holding onto anger and hate from a child hood experience of gasp... school integration... black people!  It's quite possible that anger and hate, directed at whom I ponder, were not personal experiences of yours but what you consider others of your age feeling?

Granting the benefit of doubt or exclusion of that, please help me make sense of this latter statement.  I really can't imagine how terrifying it would be, to honestly be fearful of robbery each time one sees a gasp... black man.  Perhaps though, you're not fearful?  You're a tough guy, no?  Still... to have one's initial thought upon seeing a gasp... black man, be a concern NOT FEAR of robbery really leads me to believe there are other issues at play.

Congrat's on the birthday, cheers!  Out of curiosity, since you're ignoring my posts and focusing on ad hominem argumentation.  Do you only consider credible views to stem from those of your age?  I'm just curious at where you're coming from with that.    
jafo2010

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 03:02:22 AM »

I went to a fully integrated school in the north.  Everyone got along just fine.

There were 25 black students in a population of over 4,500 at the high school.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email