[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 01, 2024, 07:34:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama: 'We've restored America's standing' (polls say so)  (Read 1038 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: November 18, 2009, 01:25:20 PM »

these are the words of a man that spends waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time reading his own press clippings.  polls?  is he out of his mind?  he is measuring the success of his foreign policy according to international POLLS !?!?!   this is spectacularly wrong headed, and tends to prove the "obama as narcissist" school of thought correct, once again.  the only way international polls could possibly work themselves into any computation of success is if the basic question is, "do people like barack obama".

quick, name ONE foreign policy achievement of the obama administration.  just one.

Obama: 'We've restored America's standing'

Beijing, China (CNN) -- A little more than a year after his election, President Obama said his administration has laid the groundwork for success on global and domestic matters.

"I think that we've restored America's standing in the world, and that's confirmed by polls," he told CNN's Ed Henry in a wide-ranging interview this week during his trip to China.

"I think a recent one indicated that around the world, before my election, less than half the people -- maybe less than 40 percent of the people -- thought that you could count on America to do to the right thing. Now it's up to 75 percent."

The president said that makes it easier for world leaders to cooperate with the United States, noting Chinese and Russia involvement in nuclear talks with Iran.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email